Yanaha FJR 1300 wheel in V Max 1200.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not an easy swap as the offsets are very wrong. So the final product ends up way off center. Looks good but rides like doo.

Not an easy swap as the offsets are very wrong. So the final product ends up way off center. Looks good but rides like doo.

Thanks for an answer. That's what I already know. Does anybody modify wheel without modifying swingarm? I bought FJR wheel and I'd measured it. I'm asking because maybe someone made mod like this and can give me some info? If not I'll make it by my own.

Would using this fjr wheel be any different then using a busa or fz wheel? Just curious to know, never heard of the fjr for a Vmax rim swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would using this fjr wheel be any different then using a busa or fz wheel? Just curious to know, never heard of the fjr for a Vmax rim swap.

The difrence is that it almost fit. Brake disk fits. Wheel fits into final drive. Main difrence is that wheel center is to wide (~30mm?) I think that there are two ways to do it:
1. Modyfing wheel.
2. Modyfing swingarm.

When I tryied to fit this wheel into my V Max it was off a center of swingarm. I'm just asking because maybe someone have some answers what is better.

The difrence is that it almost fit. Brake disk fits. Wheel fits into final drive. Main difrence is that wheel center is to wide (~30mm?) I think that there are two ways to do it:

1. Modyfing wheel.

2. Modyfing swingarm.

When I tryied to fit this wheel into my V Max it was off a center of swingarm. I'm just asking because maybe someone have some answers what is better.

I see, thanks for sharing the info. Maybe a swing arm mod to fit this would be cool to have for another option. There is a thread on wheels, not sure if you have that a look or not but there are options. But for your wheel, hopefully one of the guys that modify wheels can give you more info.

There was not a lot of options to make it fit any better. It's too wide and too far offset to ever work well. I think I have a picture of it on the bike (and it's still on the bike). Also attached the specs my buddy used to mount the front.

Attachments

• FJR Front Wheel Info.jpg
    FJR Front Wheel Info.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 93
  • Erin_1.jpg
    Erin_1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 111

Yep, it's bad..... I rode it to the track one day, falls into the turn very fast one way, the other way you have to bulldog it over..... to tell the truth, I'm surprised it goes straight.

I can get 17" and 18" wheels made. The 17" is much-cheaper, but the 18" will preserve your top-end, while the 17" will be shorter in height, so it's like dropping your gears to a higher-numerically ratio, for greater acceleration. PM me for more info.

The 17" is a weld-up the 18" is a bolt-up.

Attachments

• VMax wheel 17 in. X 5.5 in 004.jpg
    VMax wheel 17 in. X 5.5 in 004.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 44
  • VMax wheel 17 in. X 5.5 in 005.jpg
    VMax wheel 17 in. X 5.5 in 005.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 41
  • VMax wheel 17 in. X 5.5 in 006.jpg
    VMax wheel 17 in. X 5.5 in 006.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 38
  • VMax wheel 17 in. X 5.5 in 002.jpg
    VMax wheel 17 in. X 5.5 in 002.jpg