Facebook

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Listening to Zuckerberg being grilled by Congress yesterday, and thinking about all the bullshit data mining done by various political organizations, I've decided that I cannot continue there. I shut my FB account down, and won't be going back.

I feel better already.

Everyso often, I will shutdown my account.....to give myself a chance to breathe. Just did almost 3 weeks. It was nice.

My lady and myself have never had it. Pretty unusual for us "almost millennials". This forum is the closest thing to social media that I have. I guess our band has a facebook but I can't access it as a user because I don't have a personal account.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Got rid of mine last February, and haven't looked back. Got tired of the political crap, and all the other bs that was on there. This forum and the star vmax forum are my Facebook now. Everything I'm interested in, and no political trash.

Dabbled in it briefly and decided it was a time suck (from a guy that can play comp games for hours). When I ditched it years ago I cited grave privacy concerns and lack of any value or entertainment. Im pretty sure I was not in their target demographic anyway. The only surprise here is that these privacy issues are only now in the light of day.

Listening to Zuckerberg being grilled by Congress yesterday, and thinking about all the bullshit data mining done by various political organizations, I've decided that I cannot continue there. I shut my FB account down, and won't be going back.

I feel better already.

Well Bill it’s never been for me and quite frankly I don’t want to know if anyone has woke up with a wart on their nose or been digging carrots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FB may be the current platform on the griddle but to be sure every thing that uses the internet is at risk for your information used by advertisers, government or hackers. Or any combination of those three. Using safe and good practices, and staying away from questionable sources can minimize your exposure but nothing you use on the web is 100% safe.

Someone else I know opted out of FB just today. This person is a raging attention whore so I am still shocked. The reason I post again is to point out something she told me, there is a difference between deactivating an account and properly deleting it. I wish I knew that before, I just stopped using mine, abandoning it much the same way I would abandon a stolen car stuck in a mud bog. Just lost interest and walked away. Now I seriously regret not doing a proper delete and I have no idea how to get back in, my computer wont even run facebook because of security settings and extensions. I just wish I thought more about it at the time.

Someone else I know opted out of FB just today. This person is a raging attention whore so I am still shocked. The reason I post again is to point out something she told me, there is a difference between deactivating an account and properly deleting it. I wish I knew that before, I just stopped using mine, abandoning it much the same way I would abandon a stolen car stuck in a mud bog. Just lost interest and walked away. Now I seriously regret not doing a proper delete and I have no idea how to get back in, my computer wont even run facebook because of security settings and extensions. I just wish I thought more about it at the time.

Can you go to a coffee shop to use one of their computers, try logging in from there then request a password change to your email account. Hope this helps.

I love it when people have posted their fantastic vacations to beautiful tropical Slobovia and come home to a ransacked house.
Never had FB never will.

Can you go to a coffee shop to use one of their computers, try logging in from there then request a password change to your email account. Hope this helps.

I just remembered I have an old laptop I use only for plugging into an Ignitek, I will try that. Of course apparently the damage has already been done. I had some inkling when I started FB that putting sensative info was a bad idea. Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go.

Latest posts

Back