Good parts or project 1985 vmax on Ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you wanted to fix it, even if it ran. It is not worth $650. Look how many pcs are missing! Unless you had most of them laying round then it is a good deal.... Tehn you have the no title issue. Now you need a titled frame laying around UGH!
G

I beleive with the frame # you can get a title here in GA. , especially if it is 25 years old. He'll probably take $ 400 and some on the forum can rebuild ( if necessary ) the motor , and make it bigger than stock for dragging or cruising. If it was close to me I would pick it up for parts. Will he give you the frame # ? Could be a low one.

:punk:

If I was close enough I would pick it up. Its worth it in parts to me.

El Captain! you are correct "parts"! I in no way would built it unless I had the parts laying around. If you could use the parts for yourself it is perfect! To part it out you are all insane. LOL The reason why I am saying this is because I just got into a local insurance buying pool for snowmobiles , ATV's and motorcycles. My contact told me on average he says " lets say a goldwing comes in 2 yrs old and had only been dropped on its side, I have seen them go for around $650" I about shit myself! He then tells me " Harleys will go for a bit more, no bike even if almost new. I have not seen any bike go for more than around 12- $1,500" Now you have to remember that this is direct from the insurance company that I am now hooked up to buy from. I have always had a desire to get hooked up in one of these salvage buying pools. This is when you get a chance to buy direct from the insurance company before the salvage guys buy it at the salvage auction! Now we all know how much money some of these guys can make when they part them out. However they do have alot of time taking them apart and logging the parts etc. He had even mentioned a company I see on Ebay alot that purchases and salvages out a ton of bikes. I won't see anything until next spring though , that is what he had told me because the accidents around here are mainly in the spring time. Unless I was interested in snowmachines! gag!

Gannon

Now it's showing $500, about twice as much as I think it's worth. There's so many parts missing, you're getting a frame, motor, and two 20 year old tires. Everything that's easy to part out already has been...he even says that. You could sell the motor for a few hundred assuming its good, which would require a fair bit of time on your part to determine, since there's no carbs and who knows what else missing.

Otherwise, there's not much there that's worth anything.

Now it's showing $500, about twice as much as I think it's worth. There's so many parts missing, you're getting a frame, motor, and two 20 year old tires. Everything that's easy to part out already has been...he even says that. You could sell the motor for a few hundred assuming its good, which would require a fair bit of time on your part to determine, since there's no carbs and who knows what else missing.

Otherwise, there's not much there that's worth anything.

:punk:

its all rusty and i guarantee you it got parked because the second gear was blown.

not worth 500 : / and no title??

by tyhe time u got good working carbs, a title and a seat + 500 for the bike youre at 2k !!11 and youre still missing so much stuff

fenders, side covers it needs tires, sooo much rust.

pegs are gone too lol gauges all gone including speedo, tail lights, turn signals all gone, mirrors gone, GRIPS

omg the radiator is gone too including the shrouds for it.

no deal

and only 1 scoop too lol

its all rusty and i guarantee you it got parked because the second gear was blown.

not worth 500 : / and no title??

by tyhe time u got good working carbs, a title and a seat + 500 for the bike youre at 2k !!11 and youre still missing so much stuff

fenders, side covers it needs tires, sooo much rust.

pegs are gone too lol gauges all gone including speedo, tail lights, turn signals all gone, mirrors gone, GRIPS

omg the radiator is gone too including the shrouds for it.

no deal

and only 1 scoop too lol

It should be more like " how about you pay me $50 and I'll take it off your hands" :rofl_200:

Gannon

Latest posts

Back