wow, harleys are gonna be made in...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triumph still does that style. Equal size tach and speedo, right next to each other up top. Like on the Rocket 3. I can't find a decent picture off google, but I've seen them in person and it's a very classy design. Triumph also managed to stick a fuel gauge on them too, something that's eluded Yamaha for 20-odd years.

That's the difference I see with HD and everyone else. Triumph can take a "classic style", and update it so it's attractive all over again. Modern technology and lines "inspired" by older models. Harley just keeps making the exact same bike year after year and tries to sell it as "nostalgic" and "classic", without actually doing any work. I guess why bother....people keep standing in line for the same old crap year after year.
I really like the style of the new Thunderbirds and the R3. Wonder if British bikes have redlines on the tachs yet?

Those gauges off an '85 Honda would look ugly on a new bike no doubt, from the plasticky face and very "80s" look to them. Give it a fresh look but keep the size, layout, and placement the same and it'd be great. Always seems the tach was on the right and speedo on the left....never seen a bike with it the other way.

Thats 1 of the reasons i bought the Thunderbird , classic style goes looks and handles good and its got made in great britian all over it ...
HD = image , and their riders call themselves real riders . :ummm:

well actually harley riders do spend a lot of time on their bikes, they just dont rack up any miles.

go ridin with a harley buddy for a day and see what happens.

you guys will ride for 3 or 4 hours and look down and youve gone... cha ching hit! 22 miles.

thats right. you idled around in traffic, stoplights and stopsigns and at a parking lot on main street for 3 hours

so if you see a harley that has 6k miles on it... run away!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
well actually harley riders to spend a lot of time on their bikes, they just dont rack up any miles.

go ridin with a harley buddy for a day and see what happens.

you guys will ride for 3 or 4 hours and look down and youve gone... cha ching hit! 22 miles.

thats right. you idled around in traffic, stoplights and stopsigns and at a parking lot on main street for 3 hours

so if you see a harley that has 6k miles on it... run away!!!!!!!!!

That's amazingly accurate. One time a friend-of-a-friend came along on one of our rides with his Hardly FHIYOIWNKLSHGIASN Ultra Fat Super Deluxe Heritage Glide or whatever the hell it was. Nice enough guy otherwise, but had definitely been drinking the dealer's Kool-Aid in large does. They typical Harley-Douchebag attitude.....sneaking in comments about "when ya gonna UPGRADE to a HD" and "maybe someday you'll get a REAL bike", though he had enough sense to not even attempt a race. So he had a "ride" all planned out. This was like 10am, and we typically will do anywhere from 150-300 miles for a day's ride. We let him take point and we go like 2 miles, then stop for gas, of course he shows up to a ride with an empty tank. Then we go across town and stop for coffee. Then he stops at the local dealer to refresh his flask with Kool-Aid or something. Whoops!...time for lunch. Stop at a local burger joint I specifically avoid because it's a magnet for the weekend HD poser crowd. It takes forever to get food, and unsurprisingly it's terrible. The HD guy of course makes the social hour rounds while we all sit around waiting to leave. I was about to just bail on this "ride" then but he finally shut up and we left. We then got onto the always-congested strip of Rt 7 and went stop-and-go in traffic for 30min, of course he's blipping his straight pipe Hardly every 5 seconds "it loads up if I don't keep clearing it out", though knowing HD motors that could be true. At this point I have 15 miles on the trip odometer. We get onto the highway, he nails it on the on-ramp. Amazingly loud and amazingly slow. I barely roll on the gas a bit and walk past him. So we go like 10 miles on the freeway, then he gets off at the next town and we proceed to stop-and-go for another 15 minutes in traffic. Time for another break. Stop at a gas station to get a drink...HD is conspicuously parked, he's leaning against it, could be a poster boy for the HD "baditude" crap. Of course someone walks up and says "nice bike", which launched into a tirade of all the chrome he's put on it, all that's "special" about it, yadda yadda yadda. Then we went for another cruise through town to "be seen"(since that's what riding is apparently all about), and then went home. Grand total of 30 miles, it wasn't even 2pm yet and he's calling it a day. He bought the bike new in 06, it has.....wait for it.......1700 miles on it. That's about my average for one month, yet he's the only "real" biker here. So he averages less than 400 miles PER YEAR, I've done 550 miles in A DAY. I told him that and he thought I was BSing him.

Good ol Harley... the most efficient way to convert fuel into noise without the given side effect of Horse power

ya honestly i hate the harley rides around here they just bar hop lol

sadly alot of the sportbike guys are the same way except.

step 1 meet up at parking lot on mainstreet so bikes are very visible. brag about your gixxer, 10 am

ride down street to other parking lot while red lining bikes with clutch pulled in while you go through town. brag about your gixxer, 11 a.m.

noon go get lunch across town, must have parking lot next to main road so people can see your gixxer, go get gas and head out for "the ride", 1 p.m.

pull out and ride back through town while bouncing bike off rev limiter - front two or three guys pop wheelies and do a stoppie at stopsign - people in back wanna pop wheelies too... so they pass everyone in town in 1st gear going 60 mph to get up front by cutting between everyones bikes.

head out of town on highway so everyone can do their wheelies and show off how long billy can hold his wheelie. 3 pm everyones sore and in pain all go home

4 or 5 hours on bike - 23 miles

sadly alot of the sportbike guys are the same way except.

step 1 meet up at parking lot on mainstreet so bikes are very visible. brag about your gixxer, 10 am

ride down street to other parking lot while red lining bikes with clutch pulled in while you go through town. brag about your gixxer, 11 a.m.

noon go get lunch across town, must have parking lot next to main road so people can see your gixxer, go get gas and head out for "the ride", 1 p.m.

pull out and ride back through town while bouncing bike off rev limiter - front two or three guys pop wheelies and do a stoppie at stopsign - people in back wanna pop wheelies too... so they pass everyone in town in 1st gear going 60 mph to get up front by cutting between everyones bikes.

head out of town on highway so everyone can do their wheelies and show off how long billy can hold his wheelie. 3 pm everyones sore and in pain all go home

4 or 5 hours on bike - 23 miles
Also same here...

Latest posts

Back