Just curious...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old timer

Reaction score
Any Scuba divers in here ? I know we cant spend every spare minute on a motorcycle so there must be some outside interests...besides muscle cars and hot rods...:biglaugh:

Yea, I've been into scuba diving for the last 35 yrs; currently hold a SSI Advanced Open water / Level 3 certification. I've got something like 200+ dives under my belt. Try to get 1 or 2 dives in each yr if possible. Most of my dives were on shipwrecks in the great lakes where the waters are VERY COLD :damn angry: However, last dives were in Grand Cayman last December. Ahhh how I love the warm caribean waters !!! :eusa_dance:

I never tried scuba diving. I've done some muff diving though.

I figure they are both related because you have to be able to hold your breath for a long time in case of emergency during either activity.

I never tried scuba diving. I've done some muff diving though.

I figure they are both related because you have to be able to hold your breath for a long time in case of emergency during either activity.

And you can get the bends from both activities however with SCUBA, the bends comes after, and muff diving it happens during :biglaugh:

"old timer;166371]Any Scuba divers in here ? I know we cant spend every spare minute on a motorcycle so there must be some outside interests...besides muscle cars and hot rods...:biglaugh:"

Scuba/underwater photography was my all-consuming passion, from the mid 70's to the late 8o's. Just couldn't get enough! Trips to Hawaii, Cozumel, Cayman, cave-diving on the Mayan pennisula, etc., were pleasant breaks away from dry suit diving in the Atlantic, especially my home turf around the Bay of Fundy. My Buds and I owned several boats, which allowed greater access to the many wrecks in the bay. Then there was the scallops, so plentiful that we could fill three bug bags on one tank of air. Then the lobsters, which we couldn't touch, because they are off bound to divers(unlike New England). Yeah, right.......
I still have some of my gear, including the dry suit. I tried it on a few years ago, just for fun. I had no idea that neoprene would shrink so much.
Thanks for bringing back the memories! Cheers, Miles

No Miles , thank YOU for sharing...like the saying goes , 'you had to be there' ( not to mention the coolers full of legal lobsters we got off Gloucester and Rockport , and let's not forget Cape Cod ). The experience is worth it's weight in gold , especially the dedicated dive resorts and sites . Been around the world diving and I wouldn't trade that for anything...not even a Harley...:rofl_200:

Why do scuba divers always fall backward off the boat into the water ?

'cause if they fell forward they would still be in the fukin' boat !

my wife and i are certified divers...
we only get to go once a year, so we head to the carribean usually every january for our vacation. always a different island, never the same place twice. This year its Belize :eusa_dance:

Why do scuba divers always fall backward off the boat into the water ?

'cause if they fell forward they would still be in the fukin' boat !

OK smart guy, maybe you can answer this one too......when you see a bunch of geese flying in the "V" formation one leg of the "V" is always longer than the other.....why is that? :ummm:
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^ Cause there's more geese on one side than the other! :rofl_200:

Oh, no, I don't scuba dive....always wanted to tho!

NAUI advanced diver, sold my gear about 6 mos. ago. Did Maui,Cabo & a lot of lakes in Texas

Back