new cams

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

113s&s

Reaction score
forget the members name ..he was going to make some cams for the max..his own cam design ....just wondering if anybody herd anything about these super duper cams :biglaugh:

I may be in the market if they prove good gains. I need valve cover gaskets and probably a valve adjustment. I may as well do cams while I'm in there.

I hope your valve cover gaskets last longer than my vboost rubbers. Found out just before Topeka that 3 out of the 4 were already ripped around the edges with barely a year on them. I don't think Yamaha gasket quality is as good as it used to be.

Not sure if the bike has had v/c gaskets before, but it's got 34K on it and they're seeping. They're going to need it eventually, though I started another thread about the cams in the motor section.

I hope your valve cover gaskets last longer than my vboost rubbers. Found out just before Topeka that 3 out of the 4 were already ripped around the edges with barely a year on them. I don't think Yamaha gasket quality is as good as it used to be.

I hope my valve cover gaskets last a year or more. I will need at least a year to find the motivation to change them again....

I think it was "Backfire" who was having new cams ground. I'm guessing it probably takes a while to do something like that. I'm sure he'll post when it's complete.

I sent him some various parts but didn't find my broken megacycle cam to send him at the time (they make the cams for both PCW and myself).

Sean

Sean,
Did you give me that broken cam???? I think I have a reworked (and broken) one you sent me. Let me know if you have an address where I can send it to have someone else look into having them made.

Jeff

forget the members name ..he was going to make some cams for the max..his own cam design ....just wondering if anybody herd anything about these super duper cams :biglaugh:
No one likes a smart-ass and since you're Mr. Leave-It-All-Stock anyway, why do you even care? Tool.... :icon_rolleyes:

To others interested~ All the details of my endeavor in this is already posted in my last posts/threads on the subject and can easily be found with a search. I have already sent stock camshafts in to be rolled and Sean sent me a number of misc. parts to measure, test, etc. None of this is happening overnight and I most certainly am not going to tear my bike down during the middle of the riding season to make the changes until I have new parts in hand. Once I have everything, she's going under the knife and like I said also before, I'll post my results for everyone, as to share the knowledge of what worked and what didn't. :)

BTW Sean, I need to send you back those adjustable cam sprockets you wanted back, plus, I have that free new take-off rear tire of mine for you also, so I didn't forget you. Been super busy at the shop and we just had a little girl a week ago. Needless to say, we're in sleep deprivation mode right now... :)

No one likes a smart-ass and since you're Mr. Leave-It-All-Stock anyway, why do you even care? Tool.... :icon_rolleyes:

To others interested~ All the details of my endeavor in this is already posted in my last posts/threads on the subject and can easily be found with a search. I have already sent stock camshafts in to be rolled and Sean sent me a number of misc. parts to measure, test, etc. None of this is happening overnight and I most certainly am not going to tear my bike down during the middle of the riding season to make the changes until I have new parts in hand. Once I have everything, she's going under the knife and like I said also before, I'll post my results for everyone, as to share the knowledge of what worked and what didn't. :)

BTW Sean, I need to send you back those adjustable cam sprockets you wanted back, plus, I have that free new take-off rear tire of mine for you also, so I didn't forget you. Been super busy at the shop and we just had a little girl a week ago. Needless to say, we're in sleep deprivation mode right now... :)

Congrats on the girl!
I'll try to send you a PM or feel free to send me your address and I'll ship you the broken cam of Morley's. Maybe you can get a few more measurements from that. I also have an adjustable sproket as well, and I can probably get you a 3D CAD model if needed. Feel free to let me know if you need any help with this. I have a great machine shop that I help out part time at, the only problem is it takes a while to get an open machine. I can also get parts laser cut as well.

Jeff

Yea, go ahead and ship that cam to him. It's a megacycle version of PCW's 03 cams. Maybe I should get a crap load of the sprockets rounded up and let the Lazer man slot them. Might be more accurate and save time anyway. Honestly most of the engines I build are using stock cam sprockets anyway.

Sean

The broken cam may be a bit more difficult to mount in the machine in it's raw, broken form due to it being shorter than a unbroken unit, (the Cam Doctor has it's length limits) but I could probably machine the broken end flat, than a custom fixture could be fabbed to allow the cam stub to roll true in the Cam Doctor.

Thanks for the help hubeerjw, it may come in handy. :)

I think it's only got a flange broken but still the right length. In fact it may be a higher level cam since I had one that was broken that was one of my really big cams.

Sean

let it go jOHN...GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW BORN

have a buddy whos working on a new rubber compound for tires....ill let you guys know when its complete

John,
I am not able to send you a PM, so see if you can send me a PM with your address on it and I'll get the cam to you.

Sean, let me know if you want me to look into getting some of those sprokets made up.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back