Headlight Replacement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put that led headlight in. with the engine off, the light output is brighter than what my h4 bulb was with being on a relay. To clarify, the led headlight is also on the relay. Its not a huge difference, but then again, my lithium battery is in storage mode for the winter on its charger so battery output is lower than normal right now. Id start it, but my neighbor is on days right now and its 1:15 am, lol. Somehow ive become a considerate neighbor these days, lol.

Has anyone ridden in the rain with the LED bulb? The fan doesn't look very water resistant and I could not see a way to install the rubber seal on the LED bulb.

This is the same issue I ran into. I omitted the rubber boot. From the looks of it, even with the boot included, water would manage to get into the fan area negating any protection from the boot. This would most likely cause a malfunction.
I have ridden with it in a drizzle but not rain. I feel that the housing should provide it enough adequate rain protection.

That is a real concern for me too, my bucket was cut and "modified" for the H.I.D.
so it is on the winter mods list, per the monkeys instruction.

After reading this thread, I picked up one of those LED lights for my 86. After a bulb burned out. The problem I am running into is that the bowl is not deep enough for it to fit. Now I am wondering if the front lens is stock or if there is some modification necessary to make this bulb fit. Any thoughts or experience in the matter?

You may have to remove material from the back of the bucket. That obviously will let water in.... Hope those bulbs are waterproof. But if they are also for use in cars, they must be unaffected by water, as it can get pretty wet under the hood of a car, too.

Just wanted to chime in on this.
I've had the LED unit for ~6 months. Driven in the rain plenty of times; S. Fla.
Still tickin...

Do yall have a link to the specific relays? Thanks

I have had this EB relay setup since 2009 and wouldn't go back to stock ever! I did have a little issue recently in that since I run a 55/100 bulb the bulb gets a little hot on high beam and last year it melted the EB three prong plastic connector. I ordered a ceramic one from Sean and no troubles since.

I have had this EB relay setup since 2009 and wouldn't go back to stock ever! I did have a little issue recently in that since I run a 55/100 bulb the bulb gets a little hot on high beam and last year it melted the EB three prong plastic connector. I ordered a ceramic one from Sean and no troubles since.

Thanks for this. I currently run Seans 90/130 headlight, so I already have the ceramic pigtail. What can I say, I like to see at night, and I WANNA be seen.

Do the relay mod! You'll be amazed. And if a light does burn out, replacement H4 bulbs are readily available.

I bought two 55/100 bulbs from Mr. Bulb on Ebay in 2010 or '11 for about $11 shipped. I bought two because I was sure it would burn out fairly quick like the Silverstar bulbs I had bought just before. Well as it turns out I'm still using that original bulb and have been carrying the second one with me on long trips but I haven't needed it...6 or 7 years! I think it was best $11 the mod monkey ever had me spend!

Deep Thinking Mod Monkey.jpg
Zip says: "I THINK THIS IS A CHALLENGE!!"

Latest posts

Back