Potential "entry level" HDs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Check out this article. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

I can't see it happening. HD is too full of themselves to ever officially "pick up" a foreign made bike and put the HD brand on it. Plus I can see the ultra-patriotic types that HD caters to would have a fit if they learned HD was selling re-badged Korean made bikes. The die-hard HD riders who think anything foreign is crap, the ones that like to call people riding Japanese bikes "un-American" or BS like that.

But like the article says, HD can't actually stop it's dealers from selling other brands. But HD just canned Buell, saying they wanted dealers to "focus on the Harley Davidson brand". If it goes through, I think the ATK "Harleys" will end up being a red-headed stepchild. If someone wants a HD, they're going to buy a "real" one. If they don't, I highly doubt they're going to buy a rebadged, foreign made bike nobody's heard of from a HD dealer.

And they got $300M from Buffet as a "bailout" loan..I bet dealer t-shirt prices just went up another $10.

There's a HD dealer near me that also sells Yamaha, but only quads and snowmobiles, not streetbikes. I always figured if they carried Star bikes, they wouldn't sell any Hardlys.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: Harley's are made in over 50 countries but they're assembled in the USA.... :bang head: ATK help Harley, Not.... Nothing can help them now.....

Maybe they could cut a deal to rebadge Yamaha VMax's but then they'd be $50,000.00... And,,, they'd have to dump the VRod POS.

THIS WAS STRANGE LOOKING , YESTERDAY I WAS COMING DOWN THE HIGHWAY IN MY CAR AND AT A RED LIGHT , A BAD-ASS , NICE SOUNDING , DONE UP , BIKE , PULLS UP NEXT TO ME , ITS A SUZUKI " BKing " THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I SAW ONE " NOT " IN THE SHOWROOM ! ... BUT THE STRANGER THING WAS , THE GUY WAS WEARING A BLACK LEATHER JACKET THAT SAID " HARLEY DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLES ON THE BACK ! .. :confused2: .. AT LEAST HE HAD GOOD TASTE IN BIKES , JUST NOT APPAREL ! .. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

He should have been dressed as the creepy burger king guy in the commercials...:rofl_200:

YES!!! thanks for reminding me of that i have a cousin that was gonna let me borrow that costume

The closest HD dealer sells Polaris. Suki and Yamahaha. They only advertise HD on the radio. HD parts are made all over the world and shipped in to piece together. I once needed a set of pads for my PM brakes on my 89. I found a set that would work. They were HD pads made in Europe. I know some wheels come from China. Seen a number of parts on the shelves that came from Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, Japan...

Latest posts

Back