Time to say thanks again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slacker

Reaction score
With Veterans Day coming up this week, my sincere thank you to the vets of our great past and present, and to those who had suffered loss. :rip:

I was at awe when I found that some of Washington's troops walked dozens of miles barefoot in the snow. Who would think of doing that today for any cause.
I had an aunt that was nuts on ancestry. Guess I had a great grand daddy down the line that was a Cpt on GW's staff. Kinda interesting. I frostbit my feet out hunting at the age of 11, and I had good boots on. Got caught in a snow storm about three miles away from the house. My toes start to turn white when its damp and 40 degrees. Couldn't imagine walking in snow for days with no protection.

Being French and knowing well my history, I have give much respects to those guys.
It was a long time ago, I wasn't even born yet, but better to never forget it.

God Bless the Veterans of the United States, Past, Present and Future... This also extends to all of our Friendly Forces, Currently NATO.

To all the Families of those Veterans, I salute you too and Pray that you and your loved ones be kept safe.

Have a Happy Veterans Day.

Hoo-Rah! thanks too all who have served our great country for the last 235+ years!

God Bless the Veterans of the United States, Past, Present and Future... This also extends to all of our Friendly Forces, Currently NATO.

To all the Families of those Veterans, I salute you too and Pray that you and your loved ones be kept safe.

Have a Happy Veterans Day.

Couldn't have said it any better myself!!!!

Being French and knowing well my history, I have give much respects to those guys.
It was a long time ago, I wasn't even born yet, but better to never forget it.

It was really cool for me to see this. It did something positive for me. I had to go on a couple trips to S. France around 10 yrs ago. It wasn't so much the women, but only about 1 out of 15 guys would act friendly towards me. Some really gave me the hard sneer. Being naive, I would like be in line at a market and notice women starring at me. I also couldn't figure how guys could give me the get lost look, not knowing who I was. Well, I finally came to the conclusion that wearing overalls, combat boots and flight glasses prob gave a good hint. lol on me. On my 2nd trip back to the states, while getting on the plane, I couldn't with the women so much, but I could tell who the French guys were. They stood out like a sore thumb.
Still work with one of two guys from the Philippines. Good friends and they work hard. Loyal as heck. I named them My Cousin Vinny and Honorable Rioson. Rioson knows more about American history and the constitution than most of the other troops in the work area all together. He and I are always hitting each other up for a dip of Kodiak. One of us always seems to run out. When I get into his can, I always ask if he's been washing his hands before he puts his mitts in it.

Back