wow, harleys are gonna be made in...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least they will have a good Chakra! :rofl_200:

I heard they're adapting already :rofl_200:

indianbikers.jpg

That's pritty funny!! KJ. :clapping: You know, I thought Obama was just talking about keeping job's here in the US.I guess if Harley wants to stay alive,it has to pay it's imployes $25.00 a week. In another country.:jerk it:

.I work at a place that boasts"made in america" And Ive got pics that prove otherwise.how secure do you think those AMERICAN workers feel knowing their jobs are up for bid to the lowest bider! think harleys gonna lower the price of their bikes ?,NOPE ,the fat cats gonna get fatter.
I had A guy offer to have my seats made in china,said I could make alot of money,very tempting................not gonna happen! I dont want to make a killing,I need to make a living!so guys I know they might be a little pricey but there made with pride and integrity in america, by an american!

The parts that go into a Harley were already made in over 50 different countries. HD's already pissed themselves down the drain when they flooded the market..

Something they said they'd never do.... So this is for Harley-Davidson:

:th_stophierPeeingIn Have a nice day Harley..

Eh, if you read the article the parts will be made here in the US and the bikes will be assembled in India, for the Indian market. Still guy with a dot on his head (where you shoot them my dad would say) gets the job that would normally be done by Joe Smith here in the US.

My Jap emblemed car was assembled in Michigan by Union folk, and Hyundia is now trying to promote themselves as the most american car company in the world. Welcome to the global economy!

There's one major problem with this article, they say parts are made in America and assembled in India. Now aren't most of Harley's parts made in other countries? So what net benefit will this have for the Harley production workers? I'm guessing not much at all, other than the fear of loosing even more jobs in the long run.

Obviously, Harley Davidson is scrambling to stay alive, but is this the right direction to take?

Mike

I heard they're adapting already :rofl_200:

indianbikers.jpg
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Wonder if it will be worse than the AMF years?:confused2:

There's one major problem with this article, they say parts are made in America and assembled in India. Now aren't most of Harley's parts made in other countries? So what net benefit will this have for the Harley production workers? I'm guessing not much at all, other than the fear of loosing even more jobs in the long run.

Obviously, Harley Davidson is scrambling to stay alive, but is this the right direction to take?

Mike

you know its funny you mention that, because when you point that out to them they almost always bite back with

"ya but theyre assembled right here!!!"
LOLOLOL phuck harley

i feel kind of betrayed. one of our most iconic brands in america is being destroyed by...?? themselves???

i mean ask any kid in uzlamabod what he thinks america is like and hed tell you a bunch of fat bad ass cowboys riding harleys with a big tv and a '69 chevy camaro in every driveway with a revolver in every home, with good jobs making 40 dollars an hour to do nothing retire when youre 40

well if it is gonna work out they have to use the same strategy they used on us, its the lifestyle!!! sure the cheap bike is 1/10th the price, and easier to repair and maintain, and the tires for it only cost 12 dollars USD, and it may get 85 MPG, but its not a REAL bike.

youre not a bad ass, unless you have a harley!

Dang, there is so much to comment about here. I doubt HD will have the success elsewhere like in the USA. True , there are cult like followings for HD in Japan and now Soviet block countries but there is no cultural affection for HD in many third worl countries. Who can afford them anyway? Making $3 or $4 bucks an hour? Punjab will ride his 125 cc New Delhi screamer before even considering a Hog. Same goes for Chang Lee. There just isn't the numbers of buyers to consume these bikes. HD is driven by the philosophy that they need to sell more bikes this year than last year. To he'll with building better bikes for more money which these typical HD buyers are falling over each other to pay foe these outdated behemoths. They'll be looking for a bailout someday too!

Punjab will ride his 125 cc New Delhi screamer before even considering a Hog. They'll be looking for a bailout someday too!

agreed, but unfortunate for the US HD employees.

Actually this is done by many companies for the local markets. Harley licensed Japan to make Harleys for the Japanese market way before WWII. They were actually manufactured in Japan but only for their market. Some were actually used by Japanese troops in WWII.

This is done for several reasons, mostly to bypass certain taxes and tariffs imposed on imported goods. In the early Japanese car importing days, the AC units were packed in the trunk and installed at the POE in the US (Houston for one) due to crazy importing regulations.

You have probably heard of the outrageous prices of Harleys in some European countries. This is just an attempt to lower prices to increase sales in India.

This has nothing to do with HD's USA operations.

I personally wanted to afford to buy Harley Davidson. ... and now what do I motorcycle spare parts which will be done in China or India? and I can not distinguish them from the original? but now have a reason to laugh at the Harley owners and poke at them with his finger-ride on China's radioactive plastic bikes. and generally a very bad trend. indeed, America's image is inextricably linked with the Harley. if it will make someone else, why not take the presidency himself something of an external control of, say, the Yamal-Nenets ... Yakut, for example. not me, of course, the bark in this case, but like all sad. disgusted that all governed solely by profit and gain. and quite often the question is not even in profit or loss, and profit margins ... Guys. I'm really sorry that all of this: (

Back