Progressive International Motorcycle Show

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
Went to the show today in Dallas. Think it is the first stop on the show tour.

I go every year and this was the best in quite a few years. Lots of nice bikes and booths.

The 2011 V-Max color looks much better in person than in the photos. Very metallic gray color. Looks good.

The HD XR1200 looks a lot better than I thought also. Nice hardware and build quality. No bashing please!

Really liked the Ducati Diavel and Kawasaki Ninja 1000. Both sit really well and look good. The Diavel is unusual but stunning. The Ninja is the first comfortable sport type bike I have ever sat on. Has a three way manually adjustable windshield standard and saddlebag and trunk options available. The bars and pegs are in almost standard bike positions. May be the first sport bike for the old guys (me).

Looked at the Urals and Can-Am Spyders also. Looked like fun. The Urals are continually improving and may be worth a look in a few years :).

Keep in mind I was looking at these bikes from my viewpoint (66 years old). At some point I have to think about how long I can hold up 600 or more pounds in parking lot maneuvers. The group I ride with is mostly older and have ridden with some of them for over 40 years. We have had a rash of accidents lately and it seems we take forever to heal now. I dread the day I can't ride two wheels anymore as my favorite thing about riding is the corners and more than two wheels kinda ruins that!!

If you have any questions about something in the show, please ask. If I saw the item, I will give my observations.

3 wheel sport machines are getting better every year. Some will handle the twisties now. I'm a couple years younger ( feel about 40 ) , but I can see the handwriting on the wall too. Somebody is gonna own a couple of great running & handling V-Maxes one day.

:bang head:

Back