What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has a constant draw to maintain the odometer. It's fake because it's a Chinese knock-off of the koso rx-2n.

I also rounded out the heads of some rotor bolts that the genius at the shop red loctited in there.

It has a constant draw to maintain the odometer. It's fake because it's a Chinese knock-off of the koso rx-2n

Are you running your speedo cable from the front housing mounted on the front left side wheel or the Rear Differential?

It's adjustable. Input the circumference, and ride. I also don't even know how I'd run it off the diff.

I just purchased a Rear Differential with a Speedo Sensor Cable already installed, that's why I'm asking..

Ooh. That would be handy. Kj sent me a link to an eBay seller that had extended speedo cables. Look in the thread "gauges under $150" or something like that

davesax36;36an237 said:
Ooh. That would be handy. Kj sent me a link to an eBay seller that had extended speedo cables. Look in the thread "gauges under $150" or something like that

I can understand that the speedo sensor cable will transfer the "information" to the Speedo, what about say the oil temperature? Do I simply find an oil tempetature sensor and run the cable to the Koso Speedo?

I got it on the road and saw the oil light for the first time ever today!! A big thanks to Dave, Scotty, Todd, G and Sean for all the parts and info. Damn mod monkey bit hard over the winter, but at least he'll be satisfied til next winter now, lol.

I got it on the road and saw the oil light for the first time ever today!! A big thanks to Dave, Scotty, Todd, G and Sean for all the parts and info. Damn mod monkey bit hard over the winter, but at least he'll be satisfied til next winter now, lol.

I've seen that light come on many times already... and it still widens my smile every time it shines bright!
pinkiehappy.png

Ordered new tires for Woona today. The Dunlops only gave me a little over 2k miles, and that just reinforces my experiences with the 404 tires. Ordered Avon Venoms in 120/90-18 and 170/80-15.

y3e4u8um.jpg

Hadn't made my mind up about grips, found some left over bar tape from my road bicycle and put it on. Doubled it up. Pretty comfortable and flows pretty well with the look I'm going for. Might upgrade to leather over a foam base later on. I don't like the lump on the throttle side but it's a start.

Sean

I upgraded my grips To the red aluminum/black rubber combo from China, polished some aluminum on the motor, and drilled the stock exhaust from 3/8 to 1/2 holes. Sounds and looks much better after the work performed today. Safe riding to all.

I been running Pro Grip Gomma 862 grips since 2008 and I love them. They still look like new with no worn spots and are very grippy. They have very little cushioning so if that what you're looking for these are not for you.
IMG_1280.jpg

Installed my custom dynamics led bar in place of the reflector on a bracket I made out of an old license plate (recycling is fun) and installed my new fender with custom dynamic license plate lights, and made my own turn signals out of led accent lights, I think next I'll wire the other accent lights I have up to my front running lights and put them in the scoops for a kind of mean look.

I installed a 4 pole starter into my '86. Weekend b4 last I burned up the starter by failing to notice the starter button had stuck with the starter engaged. So, I found a deal on a 2006 starter on ebay.

She got new coolant in the mix ... went with 4oz Water Wetter and a 25% antifreeze, 75% distilled water mix.

I upgraded my grips To the red aluminum/black rubber combo from China, polished some aluminum on the motor, and drilled the stock exhaust from 3/8 to 1/2 holes. Sounds and looks much better after the work performed today. Safe riding to all.
Which ones exactly did you order ?
And can you post a picture of them on the bike ?
I'm looking at some now and couldn't decide between these Bike Master grips:
http://www.bikebandit.com/bikemaster-motorcycle-grips-with-revolver-bar-end
or these Chinese knock offs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-...-8-HANDLEBAR-SPORTS-BIKES-Black-/111313263113
I posted pictures of them here:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=358299&postcount=11

For the extra $10 or so, I was leaning towards the Bike Master grips.

I been running Pro Grip Gomma 862 grips since 2008 and I love them. They still look like new with no worn spots and are very grippy. They have very little cushioning so if that what you're looking for these are not for you.
View attachment 42866
Good to know, I might need to look at some of the Pro Grips and see if they have any that will match my bike.

PS
I finally got my bike out (with help from my neighbor) and washed off all the mud from the accident.
I also removed my broken mirrors and started getting everything on the handle bars loose so they are almost it's ready to be replaced.
Hopefully I'll get the new handle bars on tomorrow.
I was very happy to find that the scoops I just bought last year were still looking good, they just had a few small scratches but nothing really wrong with them.
My headlight looks like it will be able to be salvaged also and my forks appear to be straight (I'll have to check them closely but they look good by eye).

Latest posts

Back