Drilled slides??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB99Max

Reaction score
Does someone have a picture of a drilled slide, or can you tell me where it would be drilled?
Thanks!

instead of me trying to explain....... here you go

Attachments

• IMG_2443.jpg
    IMG_2443.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 72
So the way my bike is running I'm pretty sure this is my case! Can someone tell me the stock PAJ1 and PAJ2 sizes? And a picture of a drilled slide
Thanks

So the way my bike is running I'm pretty sure this is my case! Can someone tell me the stock PAJ1 and PAJ2 sizes? And a picture of a drilled slide
Thanks

Just noticed you are in Ca so that 90 jet would be 100 if you have Cali carbs---check for a tube that may be plugged by your #2 carb.:clapping:

There is a tube connected to #2 carb where you put the sync tool

It had a two brothers full exhaust on it when I bought it but the exhaust can was hideous looking in my opinion. So I got a single universal supertrapp that I am running open ended.

@93max, what were you thinking if it was? I think possibly when I got my supertrapp it might have gotten worse. It's been so long and I've had so many issues with this thing it's hard to remember!

What is the reasoning for this mod?

Drilling the slides makes them react quicker, whereas the needle will start reacting in a stock Vmax around 4K, I have drilled slides on mine, and they start reacting around 3200.

I like the mod.

Oh.....if your doing this Mod, you REALLY need an aftermarket exhaust. I run a kerker 4-1.

Not that I'm trying to do this mod. I'm thinking that the PO did it so I was wondering how you know? I was looking for a picture of a slide that is drilled. But I do have a full exhaust, it's a two bros 4-1 but I got rid of the exhaust can part and put a universal supertrapp which I am running open ended

Not that I'm trying to do this mod. I'm thinking that the PO did it so I was wondering how you know? I was looking for a picture of a slide that is drilled. But I do have a full exhaust, it's a two bros 4-1 but I got rid of the exhaust can part and put a universal supertrapp which I am running open ended

Check the "air hole" in the slide. It should be drilled to a #19 drill bit, which is equal to .166

There is a tube connected to #2 carb where you put the sync tool

That would not be on the carbs but on the manifolds---each manifold has a plug except for the #2 which should have a vacuum line going to the vboost sensor. The "tube" from the #2 carb would have a long hose going to a charcoal canister on the left side of the bike----:clapping:

Drill size---#19 0.166 4.2164 421.64 ----------:clapping:

Here is one of my slides

Attachments

• IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Back