Drilled slides??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how to post multiple pictures so here's another angle

Attachments

• IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 46
And here's the needle

Attachments

• IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 38
My PAJ IS A 170 (the one behind the slide) and the one in the top of the carb is a 100. My main is a 150.

Those look like they have been drilled out. Here's the size of a stock one:
vcc-209_3_.jpg

So if they are drilled, what the heck should I do to get this thing running right? Do you have a guess on what needles those are?

Yep, LOOKS like they are drilled, and looks like those are stage 1 needles.

So do you know what your main jets are?

Yep, LOOKS like they are drilled, and looks like those are stage 1 needles.

So do you know what your main jets are?

This is what it says on page #23------My PAJ IS A 170 (the one behind the slide) and the one in the top of the carb is a 100. My main is a 150.----:clapping:

So if they are drilled, what the heck should I do to get this thing running right? Do you have a guess on what needles those are?

I remember a member on here traveling to your house a while back? Did they not set it up right?

It seemed like it at the time. So if I have stage 1 needles and the slides are drilled (sdt354 thinks this is what I have) should I put the 170 mains back in instead of the 150's? And what clip should I put the needle on? Also, on take off it kind of hesitates and then when I hold a constant speed almost about anywhere (mph wise) it kind of skips a beat or misses would be the best way I can explain it. And then what I mentioned before it pops on deceleration

Just to refresh everyone's memory so you don't have to look back in the thread, this is my set up.

Stock airbox with drop in K&N
Two bros header with a single open universal supertrapp
150 mains but I have 170's here also
There is pictures of my needles and slides above

It seemed like it at the time. So if I have stage 1 needles and the slides are drilled (sdt354 thinks this is what I have) should I put the 170 mains back in instead of the 150's? And what clip should I put the needle on? Also, on take off it kind of hesitates and then when I hold a constant speed almost about anywhere (mph wise) it kind of skips a beat or misses would be the best way I can explain it. And then what I mentioned before it pops on deceleration

No, the 170's are stock for the PAJ2....behind the slide.

Stock main jet size is 152.5's but the 150's should work ok.

Thank you I'll see how it goes and let everyone know

:clapping:Yep!! :eusa_dance:
So it turns out the major problem was the coasting enricheners. It runs pretty good now and completely drivable. To get it completely dialed I need to get rid of the drilled slides and I probably will ditch the stage 1 needles and just put the stock ones back in. Unfortunately I don't have the stock slides or needles because I bought the bike like this. Traumahawk recommend putting epoxy on the holes and then drilling them the stock size but I'm kind of worried that some might come off later down the road and cause me problems. And I guess I'll have to buy a pair of stock needles somewhere.

I also have to do the fork seals. I started another thread about all that though.

So I found another issue. I just went for a short ride and when I was on the freeway and holding a constant 60-75mph I'm getting a popping noise. I get it pretty bad on deceleration also. I changed the clip position to the third slot from the blunt end. I really haven't tried to "tune" it with the A/F screws yet. I just put them st 2.75 TO for now. I feel like when I do mess with them it doesn't even change anything.

So I found another issue. I just went for a short ride and when I was on the freeway and holding a constant 60-75mph I'm getting a popping noise. I get it pretty bad on deceleration also. I changed the clip position to the third slot from the blunt end. I really haven't tried to "tune" it with the A/F screws yet. I just put them st 2.75 TO for now. I feel like when I do mess with them it doesn't even change anything.

Are you checking the sync of the carbs after every change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back