M109R2 Headlight Assembly Project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for that info on Kydex. I am going to look into that. I had part of an old lexan fairing that I heated and bent as a test. I think it might work, but good old Fiberglass and resin may end up being the best way to do it.

I can create a "mold" out of just about anything (even cardboard that I then wax) and then adding mounting tabs and such will be easy. I will be able to sand it down to take out imperfections.

Before I do this, however, I am taking it to my friendly local body shop to see if the owner has any ideas about modifying the M109R2 "cowl" to make it smaller. If I can reduce the size of said cowl significantly, it will still provide the best solution IMO.

I guess I had better get going on this - winter is half over... YAY!!!

I asked my friendly local body guy to try to make it fit right. I did not want to cut apart the headlight shroud, but he had no problem doing it. Here are a couple of preliminary pictures:

Vmax%20headlight%202_zpsidwxq2z5.jpg

Vmax%20headlight%201_zpsm29wwd53.jpg

We're going to wrap it in carbon fiber to match my '99.

Thank you.
Next I am going to drop in a HID and wire the lower bulb to the tail light so it's on when I turn the key to the "parking light" setting.
I can't mount the bag in front anymore, so I have to find a spot for tools and registration now.

Thanks everyone for the good feedback, I appreciate it!
The more I look at it the more impressed I am with it, how is the light output

I have not ridden it yet, the weather here in SouthCentral PA has not been very good. But it's GOT to be a lot better than the stock headlight, and after I install the HID it should be great!

Latest posts

Back