talking shit to harelys

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee I like H-D's because whenever I ride the Softail I feel like I'm in a parade. The pace slows down and kids smile and wave, and while the cornering clearance isn't the best, it steers well and feels stable. I like the reflections of passing scenery in the headlight shell, the sound (no straight pipes for me), and whatever intangibles you accrue from riding one. I would say that includes the fun of Motorcycling. If I want fast I have the 'Max or a 1000cc sportbike.

Never cared for a Harley Davidson dam sure would not pay 20-30,000 for one. I owned them rode them and find them to be great lawn ornaments. As far as peoples ability who can't ride "90 percent" that's a large load of shit ....most riders don't give two shits about racing that is not what owning and riding a motorcycle is about.
That being said I ran into many an asshole who rode everything from rice rockets, Harleys to single lung Honda rebels bikes do not make the asshole but sometimes it does help to bring it out.
I myself when I get a chance to ride and it seems to be rare anymore. I ride for the simple pleasure of being one with the bike the road and my thoughts and I think people like me are the 90 percent.... just my two cents

Woodsman, I know people across the country and in other parts of the world and maybe its the people I like to hang out with and associate with, that they like to run their bikes hard. That might not be racing, but its the enjoyment of the open area around them at speed.

I race and I ride. I didnt do much track time last year, but did 34,000 miles with many out of state trips, two up on my ZX14. This year I have another bike in the stable and possible a 5th bike to be added soon. All different types of bikes.

I am by far not a Harley person, but just a FYI, you can buy new Harleys for around $8000-12,000 for a pretty nice one. Brand new. Getting into the high end bikes they can get costly. But I think the few precentage of those compared to the lower cost ones, are the ones you see.

I seem to run into more assholes on cruiser bikes, the Harley guys that tell me I ride a ricer burner.... I mean... what century are we in? Are we back in the 50's ?

I think people that are into vehicles, whether stock, race or show, love one thing and that's the ability to make it their own personal identity. I hold no opinion on those that want to only sit back and trailer their show vehicle to a event, or those that want to blister the sound barrier, or those that want to tour the world. There is a place for anyone to hang with me and have some fun.

:)

Gee I like H-D's because whenever I ride the Softail I feel like I'm in a parade. The pace slows down and kids smile and wave, and while the cornering clearance isn't the best, it steers well and feels stable. I like the reflections of passing scenery in the headlight shell, the sound (no straight pipes for me), and whatever intangibles you accrue from riding one. I would say that includes the fun of Motorcycling. If I want fast I have the 'Max or a 1000cc sportbike.

In a nutshell...:punk:

I like all kinds of bikes even some HD's they are not my favorite though. I have also met assholes on all different bikes. Hell we all ride rice burners now even HD they might be assembled here but not to much of them made here. Hell my Goldwing is in the same category it was assembled in Ohio with parts from some where else.

The same thing can be said for the vmax"enough money,performance parts and they can run real fast"Compare apples to apples and the vmax will be on top."Stock -Stock or Performance enhanced-performance enhanced.

If you've owned both, and been inside them, then you know the limitations of them. I love my Vmax and know what it cost to make a HD go fast. Lots of $. Neither would be my choice if I wanted a very fast bike. HD has a great drag racing history. Vmax, has it going on for a fun sreet ride. IMHO. I love them all.

Owning a Vmax I hear it from both sides. My buddies that have HD's tell me to get one due to my POS Jap Bike. And the buddies that have crotch rockets, tell me I can't be part of their group due to I don't have a real sport bike.. I am very happy telling them I love the Vmax, and for the $$$ I would buy the Gen 2 over a HD in a heartbeat, even over any Sport bike.... Then I light the back tire up and leave a trail for about 150 feet...lol I have suprised a lot of people on their bikes also.. My buddy with a 750 ninja said I didn't have a chance.. As I pulled away from him around 70 he quit....lol

Most of the time I get the motorcycle wave and all the other times (it's mostly HD riders) I get nothing just a blank dumbass stare straight ahead look . It's not the bikes fault they have an asshole straddling them .. I'd buy an Harley if was a deal and a half .

I would say most of the time its the Harley riders I don't get a wave from either.

Out riding with some buddies, two of them on Harley's in front of me, they would get waves from other Harley riders, and then me being last, they would just stare ahead and not wave... Like I was invisible. But when we passed non Harley guys, they waved to all of us, or not at all. There was no super prejudice.

I get more waves than no waves. The first month of riding i get a wave ever time.

Latest posts

Back