Are 1985 Vmax's really the most powerful?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like a good sounding bike. My last one scared children and made old ladies cry. It was a nasty beast, pulling up to a sidewalk it would spit dirt and throw rocks at you. A great attitude :punk:

Now I have a Kerk 4-2-1 with an 11" carbon can with a 2" comp baffle. It has a wonderful note going down the highway and a sweet back beat at idle. :clapping:

That's a beauty KJ!! :thumbs up:

My 'deep roots' are Triumph chopper based....it's really difficult to beat a nasty-ass, pull the wings off flys, hardtail chopper....no matter if it's a HD, Triumph or K-Model Honda.

I love 'em all. :punk:

A guy I used to work with use to do the good natured teasing back and forth about my jap bike and his admittedly very nice loooking custom softail...We went at it for months....

One day when He was firing his bike up in the parking lot as I was walking by I strolled up with my hand cupped to my ear, an alarmed expression on my face and intently listening to his bike and looking at the motor with worry like I was hearing or seeing something direly wrong with his bike, he shut it off and asked what was up, was something wrong??????????...

I dead panned

"Man you need to check into that soon, it sounds like your bike is only hitting on two cylinders"

He stopped teasing with me after that....Guess I crossed some line??

That right there is classic!

The 87 must be the fastest in the U.S. anyway since they are never even seen!

Sean

That right there is classic!

The 87 must be the fastest in the U.S. anyway since they are never even seen!

Sean

Come to think of it, why don't you ever see 87's? I can't recall anyone having one or maybe I just never noticed but what's up with that?

Come to think of it, why don't you ever see 87's? I can't recall anyone having one or maybe I just never noticed but what's up with that?

i believe they weren't made that year b/c there was so much ovestock from '86

The reason no 87's made it into the U.S. (there were plenty made in Canada and Europe) is the Harley Tariff and import issue they bitched out in 86 and 87. The Importers got the legislation changed so by 1988 it was back as were 750cc bikes.

If you look at that timeframe Harley had managed to convince the government to impose a tax on bikes larger then 700cc's being imported into the U.S.. They were losing their ass in sales and this was one way they wanted to try and get back on their feet. So, many of the manufacturers made 700cc bikes to get just under the mark where they had made 750's before.

The Fazer is one good example. In the U.S. it was sold as a 700 but everywhere else it was a 750. The FZ700 was the same way. Now, you could actually get a 750 version of both bikes but the price was nearly double if I remember correctly so not many made it in.

Sean

Maybe they all got wrecked befor us guys figured out they weren't top speed Machines???

I dunno, I've never heard of one either, there are way more 85's around in my area, a surprising amount considering how long ago that was..

Wait one minute...anyone that knows anything about VMAXs knows they fitted the "millennium edition" (2000 VMAX) with a flux capacitor making it the fastest VMAX. Gents, stick that in your tail pipe and smoke it.:eusa_dance:

No no no, everyone knows the flux capacitor was only installed in the 1988 models. They had Christopher Lloyd as the spokesperson, saying "when this baby hits v-boost, you're gonna see some serious shit"

Yes the 85 Max is the fastest! Just ask anyone who owns one. :rocket bike::rocket bike:

Agreed. I thought Gleason had the fastest time with one.:confused2: Just hear say..

My VMax from 1998 125,5 rearwheel power, stock Exhaust.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443641502.962587.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443641502.962587.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 66
My VMax from 1998 125,5 rearwheel power, stock Exhaust.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
I hate to burst your bubble but there is a problem with that dyno run. Hp and torque are supposed to cross at 5250 rpm. That is how the calculation is set up.......and yours don't. There is a problem with that dyno.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Where can I get a flux capacitor for my bike? [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't that be cool!............Go back to 1955 with a V-Max!...............:biglaugh:...............Tom.

Wouldn't that be cool!............Go back to 1955 with a V-Max!...............:biglaugh:...............Tom.

I think the reason it doesn't work is due to 88 mph zipping past on the gauge too fast. In the movies that delorean seemed lucky to get to 88.

In theory the 85's should be more powerful these days since our motors tend to make more power as they get more miles on em... But that's assuming it's not of the low miles variety, lol.

I think the reason it doesn't work is due to 88 mph zipping past on the gauge too fast. In the movies that delorean seemed lucky to get to 88.

Delorean speedo only went to 85mph, some sources quote top speed as 86-87mph. But of an in joke at the film company that the delorean could never reach 88

Latest posts

Back