Bad Vmax vendor experiences...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
This is a thread of all your bad experiences you've had with Vmax parts vendors. Post them up. This thread is ONLY meant to let people know what they can expect when dealing with a person.

Here's my story...

Why not to give U.F.O. any of your money...

I was asked to write this story by other moderators here and so here goes...

As many of you know I have been dealing with U.F.O. since the end of December '06. This all came to an end last week when I talked to Jon and voiced my dislike of the way I have been helped.

I bought 1600 dollars worth of stuff from Jon. These items include a fork brace, Max Daddy rear wheel, and a set of Avon radial tires.

I was told upon ordering these that it would be about 3 weeks. I received no phone calls or emails that would make me believe other. After 4 weeks I called and left him a voicemail. (He doesn't answer the phone) He returned my call and apoligized that it was delayed and that he was going to get it out A.S.A.P. The term ASAP means something different to him then it does to me...:bang head: After 2 months of waiting I recieved all the parts in good nick and installed them straight away. The fork brace is brilliant looking and fits great. The rear wheel looks B-E-A-utiful and mounts up relatively easily. So after getting the bike put completly back together I take it for a ride... It works great, except I notice that everytime I go for the rear brake I have to pump it twice. I think it's because I didn't get all the air out of the new line so I bleed it again to no avale!

So I go out for a ride and my brother is following me on his bike and notices the wheel is wobbling... Ahhh... It all makes sense now...

So I call Jon and of course leave him a message... He calls me back and we discuss it. He asks me to check for run-out which I do and it comes out nearly 100 thousandths out... So I call him and leave a message again and he calls me back later. I tell him that I will be heading to Thunder and need the wheel back by the 14th. of June. He tells me that that shouldn't be a problem and that I should send it back. I remove the wheel and box it up and send it back (at my expense). He gets it checks it out and see's it's out of tru. He then sends it to Texas (where they make it for him) and they check it out and verify it is out too. All the while my time is ticking down... After at least two weeks they have a new wheel made and send it back to him and he powdercoats it and pinstripes it and then clear coats it and inserts all the bearings. By this time the 14th (the day I wanted it) has come and gone and I have heard nothing from him... He ships it out on the 15th and I am leaving town in the 20th. He emails me to tell me it shipped out on the 15th with which I took an exception to as it was supposed to be here on the 14th. In this email he told me that he no longer can get the 5.5" wheel and only can get it in 6.25x17... Great! Now I have no choice as he made it for me... He tells me the 180 tire will mount right up on it. So I get the wheel on the 18th and take time off to get it mounted and work out any bugs I may have... Little did I know...:bang head: So the wheel is mounted and fits in the stock swingarm but being that he took the tire off the old wheel and creased the bead when doing so, I can't get the tires bead to seat on the oversized wheel... There is a 5/16" gap that I just can't get rid of. I tried everything to get it to work.

So I call him on the 19th to complain and leave a message of course...:bang head:
He calls me back and I start to tell him what happened and he proceeded to tell me it wasn't his fault the wheel was bent and that any other vendor would have told me to go pack sand... I told him I didn't give two schitts who's fault it was but was damn sure it wasn't mine. I told him that something needed to be done to resolve this issue and he told me that he had already lost 375 bucks on the deal and he was done... He then said "you have good day sir" and hung up...:surprise:

Trust me folks... I was VERY patient with him. He's like Jekyll and Hyde! He's your best friend when everything goes smoothly but God forbid things go bad... He switches like a light!

I have since gone to Thunder with my SV and enjoyed it. Not as much as I would have with the Vmax but still did.

I will now be selling an absolutely gorgeous 6.25x17" black wheel on ebay and have already emailed Bill at Wild Brothers and they emailed me back some 12 hours later and told me they were on the road racing and then taking a few days of vacation but would be back on Monday. I will be buying both a front and rear rims from them... Oh and they have them in stock!

The moral of the story is... If you want service before, during and after the sale... DO NOT GO TO U.F.O.

Edit: This was the best thing to ever happen to me. I got a superior set of Forged Aluminum wheels from Carrozzeria that are a third the weight and twice as pimp. The bike is now more than I could have hoped. Thanks Jon Cornel for screwing me over so badly!

Last edited:
Re: Bad Vmax vendor stories...

This was in the past but I'll throw Mad Max in here as well. Similar attitude (if what I've done is'nt good enough too bad), ungodly turn around time, and sells me a USED part as new

Sold my BRAND NEW UFO wheel for 690.00 bucks on the VMOA. Paid $1,100 plus shipping for it...:bang head:

I tried buying some stock mikuni jets for my max at US-27 Motorsports in Saint Johns Michigan today and they told me that the mikuni jets won't work and I have to buy the original yamaha jets that are made by mikuni but cost 3-4 times as much. I told him to piss off.

Attitude adjustment on John Furbur

Some people just don't get it.
You can't treat potential customers like you'd treat your enemies.
This is a trascript from John Cornell Email.
After ordering a set of Flex Frame braces and never getting them he calls this a "courtesy." He sends an EMail telling me they have the potential to rust then never ships because he somehow thought people can read his mind and expect a response.
Read and learn-- The worlds a big place filled with many different types.

Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 2:29 PM - Hide quoted text -

To: John-RMSportMax
Subject: Re: FW: Notification of Payment Received

- Hide quoted text -

I already found and bought them.

You certainly live up to your reputation of being a jerk.

Keep up the good work !

On 6/13/08, John-RMSportMax <[email protected]> wrote:

Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 1:59 PM
To: John-RMSportMax
Subject: Re: FW: Notification of Payment Received

Cancel the order.

Gladly.

I'll go elsewhere for them.

Not for these;
We are the only ones who sell them.

If you'll notice you never asked for a reply.

If YOU had noticed, we were making sure?
Just a courtesy, but you just don't get that.

Now you've lost my business permanently.

Suit yourself.
Goodbye.

Oh yea I almost forgtot

Not surprised there..U think like you spell?

I got a killer set of seats from UFO!

You got cheap imitations;
Again, you got just what you deserve.

Goodbye

?and Good Riddance!

Last edited:
Re: Attitude adjustment on John Furbur

John Furber is a very nice guy I know him personally,have dealt with him a bunch of times and he has nothing but a good reputation.

You must be mixing Jon Cornell up with John Furber,Cornell[UFO]is the one with the horrible reputation now he needs a major attitude adjustment!!!!!

I am usually quiet about this stuff but you know what? If you got a problem with a guy you take it to him and straighten it out with him. I for one am not interested in drama on the forum. Life is too short. I have dealt with john and he has delivered as promised. I would have no problem dealing with him again. Forestdaledave

John Furber is a very nice guy I know him personally,have dealt with him a bunch of times and he has nothing but a good reputation.

You must be mixing Jon Cornell up with John Furber,Cornell[UFO]is the one with the horrible reputation now he needs a major attitude adjustment!!!!!

It is the owner of Blue Ridge Mountain Sportmax.
I have other Emails from him that are incredibly insulting but I won't post them here.
My whole intention is to warn others to be careful who they give their hard earned money to.

Last edited:

But we here have never had a problem with John[sportmax]I have never heard a bad thing about him [you are the first]he's a super nice guy,its very difficult to understand people in emails,I have ordered things from him online,have been to his shop,talked with him on the phone....Now Cornell[UFO] is another story,very few have had a good experience with him and if you did it isnt for long.

i have not had any bad experiences with furbur but I do know others have.

Sean

But we here have never had a problem with John[sportmax]I have never heard a bad thing about him [you are the first]he's a super nice guy,its very difficult to understand people in emails,I have ordered things from him online,have been to his shop,talked with him on the phone....Now Cornell[UFO] is another story,very few have had a good experience with him and if you did it isnt for long.

Hercules,
You've obviously never had him screw an order up on you and call him on it.
If you want I can post the enitre transcript as I'm sure it'll convince you that this guy is a loaded gun.
Extremely condescending and insulting for NO reason.
Caveat Emptor.

Hercules,
You've obviously never had him screw an order up on you and call him on it.
If you want I can post the enitre transcript as I'm sure it'll convince you that this guy is a loaded gun.
Extremely condescending and insulting for NO reason.
Caveat Emptor.

I for one don't want to see the email.....I have NEVER had issues with John (maybe some have.....no one is perfect)
You told your bad experience with him....please just leave it at that.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter what it is....including you.
You told your story and I see no reason to drag it out any further.

I've told the same story about Cornell and it doesn't make a difference, guys buy what they what from who they want, and learn from their own mistakes, not others mistakes.

From your post, I will not be calling Furber, I think if we act as a group and not as individuals we can get the service we deserve!!

I've done at least a dozen transactions with both of them and never had any noteable issues with either one of them. Most vendors will correct a problem if dealt with in a respectful manner like we would deal with anyone.

John doesn't answer his calls, that's a given.....he always returns detailed messages within a day or two and that's just the way it is........Once on the phone he has spent half an hour just bullshitting with me about the Max and seems like an OK guy in my book.......

I can say the same for Furbur, Motoboutique, cycle one off, holeshot, excatrep (emails tho) as well,

I've dealt with every single vendor that would make the list if someone listed the top 10 Vmax vendors and as far as I am concerned there all fine, it's "effin hard enough to find Vmax aftermarkety parts as it is without beating down the few we have, just like the Group decision to give cycle one off a chance, we did, and they did took care of it............I know some of them have issues with each other and think it's kind of sad.....We're not dealing with ciorcuit city here, these guys are for the most part small operators with limited budgets for overhead like someone to answer the phone 24/7, and when they do, like many companies, the person on the phone doesn't know what the hell they are talking about anyway. I'd rather wait and talk to the guy who does......

I know people who think ALL vendors are rude, no matter who they deal with.:ummm:

makes me wonder what the common denominator is:ummm: NOT!

Rusty

i have not had any bad experiences with furbur but I do know others have.

Sean

I've heard the stories as well...

I have NO issue with people warning people about potential issues... But if you warn of impending bad things then you also need to applaud the ones that are good. IE: Sean Morley, Dale Walker, and Bill at Wild Brothers.

It's more of a warning... A this may bite you in the ass type of thing.

Cornell is the Jekyll and Hyde guy IMO. I have met John Furber and he seemed like an OK guy but never bought from him.

Buy Dale Walkers bars and bolt them on. They make a great difference and you won't have these issues!

Chris

I am new to this forum so I'm wondering why some people are complaining about others' negative vendor experiences? I thought the purpose of this thread was to share "bad vmax vendor experiences". If a person has been subject to a bad experience, I want to hear about it.

In fairness, there is also a thread for "good vmax vendor experiences"....I will be reading that one as well.

Cheers!

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

I am new to this forum so I'm wondering why some people are complaining about others' negative vendor experiences? I thought the purpose of this thread was to share "bad vmax vendor experiences". If a person has been subject to a bad experience, I want to hear about it.

In fairness, there is also a thread for "good vmax vendor experiences"....I will be reading that one as well.

Cheers!

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

You're right! That's why I started both threads. To be fair to everyone. Some peoples personalities clash but most of my problems have been related to MORONS running companies. You treat a customer the SAME way YOU want to be treated. I work in sales I KNOW! It's as easy as that!

I only had one not-so-pleasant experience with a vendor. I ordered a used exhaust which I was pretty excited about. I was told that the item required some work before shipping and was given a general guideline as to when it would be ready.

When that time frame came I called the vendor and sent an email. I was told that it was not ready. Over the next several days I phoned and sent more mails that went unanswered...then an abrupt reply that my part would never be ready if he had to keep on answering my emails.

Is it possible that I brought on this rude behaviour with my repeated emails/phone calls? Maybe that person was over-worked or stressed out that day...who knows. I do know that I've bombarded Sean Morley and Dale Walker far more often than this individual...Sean and Dale were always prompt and friendly with their replies. Not sure if this fellow is a bad vendor per se. However, with the multitude of good, friendly vendors out there, 2nd chances for unfriendly vendors will be slim.

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

I only had one not-so-pleasant experience with a vendor. I ordered a used exhaust which I was pretty excited about. I was told that the item required some work before shipping and was given a general guideline as to when it would be ready.

When that time frame came I called the vendor and sent an email. I was told that it was not ready. Over the next several days I phoned and sent more mails that went unanswered...then an abrupt reply that my part would never be ready if he had to keep on answering my emails.

Is it possible that I brought on this rude behaviour with my repeated emails/phone calls? Maybe that person was over-worked or stressed out that day...who knows. I do know that I've bombarded Sean Morley and Dale Walker far more often than this individual...Sean and Dale were always prompt and friendly with their replies. Not sure if this fellow is a bad vendor per se. However, with the multitude of good, friendly vendors out there, 2nd chances for unfriendly vendors will be slim.

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

Wouldn't hurt to know who the person was... :confused2:

Latest posts

Back