donation to the forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not an admin but I spend far too much time here. Seriously guys- if you calculate how much time you spend learning/entertaining yourself on the VMF compared to other things.. Every little bit helps!!
Thanks ChiefP!!

+1. Think about it guys. Pick out the most trivial of problems, for example: "mad crazy flashing LEDs", "fuel spitting out of the vent tubes", or "my battery's not charging", and factor in the amount of labor a stealership would've charged you for just looking at it never mind fixing it.

Or think about it this way, single out that one mod you were thinking of doing, but this forum's opinions and/or fact mining saved you from the costly mistake.

Or how about from this perspetive: the mods and upgrades described herein--sincerely ask yourself, would your Monkey have been able to transform your ride into your kind of awesome without them? How much is that worth to you?

Or how about simply factoring in "what would you do without this site should it be taken down because it was shy that one donation that could have saved it?"

I'm not saying, take the money you saved in the previously mentioned situations and donate it....although I'm sure our admins would love to see that. No, on the contrary. C'mon guys we all know how much this site is worth to us. Help keep it valuable to ourselves in whatever way it does.

Remember, hosting this forum is NOT free. Buster and his crew maintains this site in their spare time and more than likely the difference is coming out from a personal wallet. Go to one of the other special-interest forums and note how there are adds intertwined between posts and splattered all over the sides of the page. Right now, we are fortunate enough not to have to deal with that. Yes, we have several vendors advertising, but DUDE, the adds are concentrated into one revolving gif at the top of the page.

I understand that things are tuff. But as Ninja said, the $ we save by getting good advice is actually worth MORE than you save in dollars. What the hell does that mean, you ask?
It means peace of mind. Some advice on the VMF and being a member of VMOA will calm your nerves when the shit hits the fan. You may not yet be one of those guys who started a Thread because something happened to his ride, but one day, for as long as you own a VMax, you will at some point be. Pay to play boys, pay to play.

You know...after I donated (a couple of times), I feel better about all of the advice that Ive gotten from the forum, and the amount of time that I spend on here. My donation means that I'm doing what I can...to help this forum out. This forum is unlike any other forum that Ive been around. Its a lot friendlier, and a lot more useful.

+1
Even a little bit helps..
If the VMF charged everytime someone popped in they'd make boat load.. Some 2300+ visitors a day!! Regardless we can't force people to donate. Nor work on them psychologically or a ploy on their emotions. I'd bet most people who sign up are adults and at this stage we know what's right. For the help I've gotten I'd buy the guys dinner for sure (at least). Or say even a beer or coffee. Since some of us may not see these guys for months or maybe even years, I'll bet if you asked them what they'd like, a beer or too donate, they'd say donate.

Totally agree that this is the best VMax forum/reference on the internet. Found this site a few years ago and have been supporting it ever since.

R

Just a note considering there seems to be a few new faces around here. Of course as we all know the VMF is a "free" site that operates on donations. Even if you've been around for a bit or for a while, please consider donating, anything you can. There's nothing to say that hasnt been said. If some of the advice here has helped already please consider a donation to say thanks. Chances are, you've saved some good coin already by listening/taking some of the advice here.

Thanks and Ride Safe (As safe as a Hooligan can!!)

KarmaKatt

Done! :th_peace:
I'm no admin Shane, neither am I really a serious mechanic, but I spend too much time here reading/learning and I figured it's the very least I can do.
Thanks man!!
:biglaugh:
Lee
VMOA 5652

I pledged to do this a couple of weeks ago and tonight I finally got it done.

Thanks for everything Buster and crew!!

Money saved using this forum is incalculatable........that's a real word right?? :eusa_dance:

Good to see all the new members stepping up to help out with a donation, this is a good time for all non contributing members to think about what you have here. This is run for the most part without having ads vying for your attention either in a banner, a side panel or even within posts, and the ads we do have are also members with products targeted for us. Gary has run this from the beginning out of his own pocket and has brought us improvements continually which is not easy to do. The moderators do a great job of keeping us in line and on topic (for the most part:biglaugh:).
A simple donation of money, on a yearly/ bi-yearly basis does more than you think to keep this great site going. Now is a good time to drop a donation into the forums kitty to keep the motor running.
You can use the DONATE button anytime from the links at the top of the page or you can simply press here now ---> "DONATE" !!!:punk:
Thanks!

Good to see all the new members stepping up to help out with a donation, this is a good time for all non contributing members to think about what you have here. This is run for the most part without having ads vying for your attention either in a banner, a side panel or even within posts, and the ads we do have are also members with products targeted for us. Gary has run this from the beginning out of his own pocket and has brought us improvements continually which is not easy to do. The moderators do a great job of keeping us in line and on topic (for the most part:biglaugh:).
A simple donation of money, on a yearly/ bi-yearly basis does more than you think to keep this great site going. Now is a good time to drop a donation into the forums kitty to keep the motor running.
You can use the DONATE button anytime from the links at the top of the page or you can simply press here now ---> "DONATE" !!!:punk:
Thanks!

Absolutely right BB, this is a great place to hang out, talk VMax's, see some chicks on bikes or even just go off the rail in the burn out pit with whatever is on yer mind.

The "DONATE" link works like a charm! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Well, I stepped up and made a pledge also. I've been bouncing around here (literally) for a while. I might as well help out too.
:th_SmileyBoobs:

Not to mention, it doesn't have to be a huge amount either.....even if several people did $10 each that's better than no one donating anything......be lucky to buy a single lunch for $10 these days...........JMHO

There are certainly people who feel the world owes them something or that "I don't have to do anything, someone else will take care of it.."
But as we know, that old saying..
"Nothing's Free".. Even a 5'ver or $10. will help out. Seriously, if you figure how much entertainment you get compared to say what it'll cost you for 1 that's ONE movie much less popcorn and not too mention a date/wife/kids, even $25. every 6 months is DIRT cheap.
Thanks in advance to all those that did and will. Let's keep the VMF AND VMOA alive and well!!

Lee
VMOA 5652

There are certainly people who feel the world owes them something or that "I don't have to do anything, someone else will take care of it.."
But as we know, that old saying..
"Nothing's Free".. Even a 5'ver or $10. will help out. Seriously, if you figure how much entertainment you get compared to say what it'll cost you for 1 that's ONE movie much less popcorn and not too mention a date/wife/kids, even $25. every 6 months is DIRT cheap.
Thanks in advance to all those that did and will. Let's keep the VMF AND VMOA alive and well!!

Lee
VMOA 5652
I only had to give five? :ummm: Give me change back then. :rofl_200:

Fit--
Should have charged you double!!
Afterall..
Your Avatar is a Double..
a
DD ??

"Thank you.. Thank you very much.."
-Elvis

Finally found my PayPal password. Donated to the forum and renewed my VMOA membership. It took me about 4hrs., but I think I finally uploaded a picture of me riding my 1966 305 scrambler in 1967. I always was a stickler for proper safety gear.

Latest posts

Back