Vmax rim swaps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeitz1979

Reaction score
I'm looking to find a new look as far as what rims will fit on the gen 1 Vmax. Please let's start a list not only for my knowledge but other newcomers as well. Currently running rims off mid 90's Vmax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both I guess. I don't ride too hard, so performance isn't extremely critical.

Well, the '85 wheels are different. After' 86 they're all the same except for the couple years black ones.

Available swaps that I can think of off the top of my head are:
Carrozzeria - from Sean (one2dmax) $$$$, but lighter and sporty looking. 18" front and rear.

Divvy swap - most popular in Europe, but I believe it's what I'm running. 17", not so much $$. I have centering issues, but lets me use radial tires.

R1 (or other) modern sportbike wheel - usually goes with a front end swap to upside down forks. $$$ just for the front, then you still have to deal with the rear.

RC Components - heavier than stock, but more design options. $$$ for a pair. Will be 18".

Dymag- 17" $$ and come up on here from time to time. No longer produced as far as I know, but lighter than stock.

Another choice is to get a modified stock rear wheel allowing you to use either 17" or 18" radials. Use your stock front wheel, buy a narrow radial to fit (18") and that's probably going to be your cheapest, easiest option. No messing w/your speedo, different front ends, the shaft drive, etc.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=35710&highlight=5-1/2"+wheel

I do have a set of Dymags on hand. Very hard to find them though. I am down to 5 sets of Carr's if I remember my count correctly. Expensive but worth it.

The dymags look cool, whatcha asking for the set?

$1500 including shipping if in the U.S.

This is as nice a set as i've ever had through the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_20150730_175250160.jpg
    IMG_20150730_175250160.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 310
So we have some aftermarket rims, anyone use any off another stock bike, maybe Suzuki or another shaft driven bike that were stock?

I dont know what its like in the US over UK in terms of tyres, but I was staggered how expensive some front tyres are in 18 inch. Finding one with the right rating where I could match a rear to the same manufacturer type brought up some horrendous prices coming in a over a third more expensive than the rear 17 inch tyre. No doubt due to it being an 'odd' size and not having as many manufactured. We Certainly dont see pairing deals in the mainstream over here. Much as fitting a 17 front in a wider setup appeals to me in terms of rubber choices, I dont see me ever changing the 18 (unless tyres get hard to find) as I personally prefer the look of the 18 up front.

There is a thread some where about a 900 diversion rim.

I know this thread has been sitting idle for a while but I picked up some wheels pretty cheap, really cheap, so maybe I'll use these for my swap.
3bbbb937470618caf388cc663fd5f6d5.jpg

Fronts aren't hard to get sorted out. Usually spacers and misc. The rear is a lot more to do with the conversion from the chain to the shaft.

Fronts aren't hard to get sorted out. Usually spacers and misc. The rear is a lot more to do with the conversion from the chain to the shaft.

LCR will do the rear conversion for me. They just don't seem that wide though. Seems like the shinks I'm running at the moment are wider, so therefore I'm undecided. I know it will let me run a better quality tire, but would rather get the look I'm after the first time around. But for the deal I got on them, had to have them lol.

That's what I offer, both 17" and 18" rear by 5-1/2 inch.

Are you planning to use LCR in the United Kingdom? Are you in the USA? Auburn, what state? By the time you pay for the wheels, shipping, and the work, you probably could buy a rear wheel cheaper from me.

Latest posts

Back