Just hit a Minor Milestone on my VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Gunner

Reaction score
32K.jpg

She runs better and handles better than she did when I bought her used in '06. I Must say that she has been Extremely Reliable and Fun as hell to work on and ride. the shit out of.

She had 4K on the odo then when I dropped 6K in cash on her , the guy I bought her from had all the maintenance records from the stealership because he did not know how to do anything so that sealed the deal for me and I went for it. Glad I did!

I'm Very Anal about maintenance and keeping her in top shape because I know it's my Ass if I don't. I've done the Valve check / full maintence on her twice and nothing needed adjustment either time.( everything looked like new in there once the covers were off). The Barnett Clutch, & Progressive suspension upgrades were worth every dime too.

I usually only let her go 2K between oil changes (switched to the Rotella Triple T 15-40W on the advice of a few here and I can feel the difference in the tranny and clutch by the way). Thanks for the sound Advice as Always Guys.

I also use 3 ounces of Seafoam every 3rd tank of gas and I run Chevron 91 octane 99% of the time. I add MMO in the oil on every 3rd oil change and I'm running AMSOIL 75W-90 (500k Service life that getts changed every 3rd oil change) in the Dif. I'm using Blue Engine ICE in the Cooling system and I flush and re-fill it once a year.

Exhaust, Carb and COP mods are planned but until then I'll ride her like I stole it and love every minute of it.

Getting up there in miles Chief! I haven't broke 20K on my 06 yet, but I would if the weather here in Ohio didn't SUCK!! Putting a set of pipes on and some carb mods really wakes the beast up, you won't regret it.

Latest posts

Back