Burt Reynolds - RIP

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Max2012

Reaction score
He cracked me up in quite a few roles he's played..
The longest yard was too funny..

May he rest in peace -

Burt Reynolds.jpg

He was a 'local,' as he had a compound in Palm Beach County FL. I always enjoyed seeing him in whatever he chose to act-in, and he passed-up some juicy roles.

Han Solo in Star Wars
John McClane in Die Hard
Garrett Breedlove in Terms of Endearment
R.P. McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Harrison Ford, Bruce Willis, and Jack Nicholson (twice) thank Burt for passing-on acting in those roles.

I had a "Smokey & The Bandit" 1977 Pontiac Trans Am, complete with Hurst T-Hatches, lots of gold pinstriping, and most-important, a gen-yoo-wine Pontiac 400 cubic inch V-8 under the hood. I bought it around 1981 from the original owner. That car got more attention than any car I've ever-owned. I've had a lot of interesting cars, Z-28's, Ford Mustang GT's, and the Trans-Am like The Bandit's was the one that people asked me about the most.

My favorite movie of his was Deliverance, which put you on the edge of your seat for most of the movie, after the set-up. An interesting fact, the sheriff at the end of the movie who warns Burt, Ned Beatty and John Voigt, "Don't ever do nothin' like this again, don't you come-back up-here!" was the author of the book, James Dickey.

https://youtu.be/4gh5B_Uezmk

He had a place on the intercoastal in Jupiter the same time I had a timeshare at what is now called the Jupiter Reef Club. I never did see him but only being there the first week in June it would of been a lucky chance if I had run into him. RIP Burt.

Going to miss him. I loved watching all of his old movies. He made cool cool.. I would still take his Trans Am over any of the cars I have ever owned... RIP Burt!!!

Latest posts

Back