Gen 2 Slip Ons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These guys claim to, I don't know anyone who has used just the mufflers.

Someone on the other forum bought a complete system I believe and is happy with it. They've been around for a while but the Gen 2 stuff is pretty recent.....last few years.

If you don't like the look of the stock mufflers this is a good option. Keep in mind the sound will not really change at all because all of the muffling is done in the cat, the stock mufflers are pretty much straight through. I think that's why there are not a lot of mufflers only, offered by many companies.

http://www.dominator-exhausts.com/dominator-exhausts-2/dominator-exhausts-2/yamaha-exhausts.html?p=2

Thanks Itgoes.
Id like to have a complete exhaust and nitrous system installed serious but can’t find anyone to reflash my ECU. I have sent Tim Nash two emails and it’s possible I’m not sending them to the correct email or??
I’m aware of the cat issue with noise I wasted money on an Akra slipon for my 1290GT KTM but it’s just the look I’m trying to change since I can’t put on a full exhaust system till I can get the ECU addressed.

Love the bike second set of tires in 4000kms the handling is amazing the 235kph speed limiter is a downer though.

Thanks

Thanks Itgoes.
Id like to have a complete exhaust and nitrous system installed serious but can’t find anyone to reflash my ECU. I have sent Tim Nash two emails and it’s possible I’m not sending them to the correct email or??
I’m aware of the cat issue with noise I wasted money on an Akra slipon for my 1290GT KTM but it’s just the look I’m trying to change since I can’t put on a full exhaust system till I can get the ECU addressed.

Love the bike second set of tires in 4000kms the handling is amazing the 235kph speed limiter is a downer though.

Thanks

Tim Nash was away from the office for a month, that may be why you haven't yet gotten a response back from him yet.

If you want to PM me your info I'll reach out to him and him contact you.

Glad you're enjoying the bike......it really is quite capable for such a big monster!

Mark

Mark I sent a Thank you through Tim.
Thanks.
Did full exhaust 4 into 1 Hindle header, black tri oval can with cf tip, modified airbox and of course Tim’s ECU. Was going to go all the way (nitrous, PCV5) but had a serious work injury I won’t go into details here but hey. Thought it might be wise to hold onto some cash and see what happens. I’m so excited honestly when I saw that orange sticker on my ECU I haven’t smiled that much in a while.
Bike looks deadly. I added some small Sato Racing anodized parts and did the DD clutch and K/N as well with the air box.
Post some pics when to snows gone.
Can’t wait. Thanks again

Mark I sent a Thank you through Tim.
Thanks.
Did full exhaust 4 into 1 Hindle header, black tri oval can with cf tip, modified airbox and of course Tim’s ECU. Was going to go all the way (nitrous, PCV5) but had a serious work injury I won’t go into details here but hey. Thought it might be wise to hold onto some cash and see what happens. I’m so excited honestly when I saw that orange sticker on my ECU I haven’t smiled that much in a while.
Bike looks deadly. I added some small Sato Racing anodized parts and did the DD clutch and K/N as well with the air box.
Post some pics when to snows gone.
Can’t wait. Thanks again

That's awesome........you're not going to believe what kind of beast you have on your hands now!

Enjoy and best of luck. I can't wait to hear you ride impressions.

Sorry to hear about your injury, I hope you have the best outcome possible.

Mark you will be the first to know then I will cc it to Tim. I have a YouTube Channel so I most likely will post a video and send you the link I will post photos on this site.
I was actually jealous of seeing you had Kerker on your pic. The first VMax I got a ride on as kid was a Gen 1 stage 7 nitrous and Kerker (I’ll never forget that ride).
Anyways the whole border issue was simple getting the ECU there and back.
I am so excited I worked my butt off this Logging year parts here in Canada are double than the US. Thanks again Mark for your help without you I’d still be riding a lame 175hp to wheel VMax.

Screenshot_20191113-113440.jpg
That's awesome........you're not going to believe what kind of beast you have on your hands now!

Enjoy and best of luck. I can't wait to hear you ride impressions.

Sorry to hear about your injury, I hope you have the best outcome possible.
Mark can you help me with some questions about nitrous or direct me to someone who can.
I'm doing a nitrous express 62000-1p
Bottle warmer
Gauge
Purge
PC5
Anything else should I consider?
I may go as high as a 40 shot and will be Dyno tuned witha select switch

Thanks Darren

Last edited:
Mark can you help me with some questions about nitrous or direct me to someone who can.
I'm doing a nitrous express 62000-1p
Bottle warmer
Gauge
Purge
PC5
Anything else should I consider?
I may go as high as a 40 shot and will be Dyno tuned witha select switch

Thanks Darren

Darren, I don't have any experience using nitrous on a bike. I know a lot of owners but I can't think of one currently using it either.

I do know that Sean Morley purchased Jon Cornell's bike (UFO) and it had a complete nitrous system installed when he got it. So....he might have some insight. That's the bike ran 8.87 BTW.

I don't know if you are rolling your own by purchasing parts separately and installing them yourself......if I was doing it I'd be tempted to purchase from someone like Schnitz Racing or Orient Express Racing that have experience with these systems.

Sorry I can't be more help, good luck with your project.

Mark

Darren, I don't have any experience using nitrous on a bike. I know a lot of owners but I can't think of one currently using it either.

I do know that Sean Morley purchased Jon Cornell's bike (UFO) and it had a complete nitrous system installed when he got it. So....he might have some insight. That's the bike ran 8.87 BTW.

I don't know if you are rolling your own by purchasing parts separately and installing them yourself......if I was doing it I'd be tempted to purchase from someone like Schnitz Racing or Orient Express Racing that have experience with these systems.

Sorry I can't be more help, good luck with your project.

Mark

Hi Mark Thank you,
No I'm not rolling on my own but out of all our performance shops here in Alberta no one has done a nitrous kit on a Gen2.
Actually there are very few Gen 2s in Alberta period.
The kit came recommended as I believe my builder was told by Tim he runs one nozzle dry to the airbox. So I had another shop I know that builds race bikes do some digging and that's the kit we came up with. I believe a 40shot tuned with a PC5 will be enough to be safe just wondered what else I should look into.
My builder is borderline genius and fussy so I'm in good hands. Thank you again Mark also apparently there is an 09 up here for 3500.00 low miles can do some digging and find the guy's number it's his Dad's. I asked him for sure the year and condition he said 09 and his Dad doesn't ride it they are very busy with their restaurants.

If you don't like the look of the stock mufflers this is a good option. Keep in mind the sound will not really change at all because all of the muffling is done in the cat, the stock mufflers are pretty much straight through. I think that's why there are not a lot of mufflers only, offered by many companies.

I thought that the mufflers were mostly for show, not noise reduction, but then I pulled one muffler and started my X-pipe (cat delete) equipped Vmax in my garage, and it went from pretty subdued to wrath-of-God loud. The mufflers do look straight through but they apparently do a fair amount of muffling, too.

I thought that the mufflers were mostly for show, not noise reduction, but then I pulled one muffler and started my X-pipe (cat delete) equipped Vmax in my garage, and it went from pretty subdued to wrath-of-God loud. The mufflers do look straight through but they apparently do a fair amount of muffling, too.

Yeah they definitely "muffle" but with the cat in place they are not doing much because the multi chambered cat kills the sound before it hits the cans.

Darren. I would be interested in that '09 as I am up in Grande Prairie and been considering adding a gen 2 to keep my '86 company. Drop me a note if you don't mind with the phone number if you have it. Thanks.

Brian

Darren. I would be interested in that '09 as I am up in Grande Prairie and been considering adding a gen 2 to keep my '86 company. Drop me a note if you don't mind with the phone number if you have it. Thanks.
I'm going tomorrow to St.Albert I'll get his number and get back to you tomorrow

Brian

Thanks to all that helped me answer the questions of doing nitrous on my VMAX.
The combination which I thought was simple is not a safe solution and although I'm possibly paying a restocking fee my motor will be intact.
Thank you Sean, Mark

BST wheels here I come.

Brian
Brian want to pm me or do you want my number went to Riverside as I said I would have some Info.

Thanks to all that helped me answer the questions of doing nitrous on my VMAX.
The combination which I thought was simple is not a safe solution and although I'm possibly paying a restocking fee my motor will be intact.
Thank you Sean, Mark

BST wheels here I come.

"BST wheels here I come" :):):) Awesome!

This is a picture that I got from google of gen1 vmax. I pretty much like the upgrade. The dual exhaust pipe on both sides look amazing.
I really wonder is this really possible? Any one has another picture or vedio of this upgraded bike? And where can I find such exhausts?
Thank yoi

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200119-112922_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200119-112922_Gmail.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back