Rear Tire Fitment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Kent

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 170/80-15 will fit without any issues on the rear of 2002 Vmax? Everything is stock with swingarm and so forth. Thanks, Steve

Cool. The bike looks cool enough. Ill stick with stock sizes.
I find the current mega tyre chopper thing a mix of sad and hilarious.

Cool. The bike looks cool enough. Ill stick with stock sizes.
I find the current mega tyre chopper thing a mix of sad and hilarious.

Who needs turns on a bike?

Isn't the whole point to look cool cruising at 30 mph, but sounding like yer goin 90????

On a serious note, I did go from a stock 150 to a 170 Shinko. The grippy Shinko made the bike feel a lot more planted and stable, compared to the stock Dunlop I had. I am sure it had more to do with a grippy tire vs size, but I can only report a significant improvement due to the Shinko. It is a confidence inspiring rear tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want better handling get a modded 17" or 18" rear wheel, or buy a set of Sean's Carrozzerias, if he has any left. You can get by using a 110 / 18" front radial on the stock wheel, but you will need a new wheel in the rear. A lot of guys on here consider switching to radials to cure a lot of the complaints about the VMax handling to be the best mod you can make.

Id love to swap the wheels but the budget wont allow it.
It has progressive front springs and Hagon Nitros on the back so should be ok for what it is.
I pulled the forks out today and found the leaky side had 1/2 the oil of the dry side - and the leaky side had clean oil which probably means the last guy was topping it up. I just got it.
Dont ya love honest sellers! So once the forks are working as one it should be lots better!
Such is life, fix it and move on.

Latest posts

Back