What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent a lot of time on the bike over the weekend. My birthday was Friday and Sunday was fathers day so I asked that I get un-interrupted wrenching time. Its never un-interrupted but at least I got some work done.

I cleaned up an old hindle 4-1, did a little paint, did a little polish and mounted it. Installed vboost and manifolds, servo, controller, finished a carb rebuild. Finished the fork rebuild and put the front end together. Put black wheel stripes on the wheels over the OEM red ones. Battery. New oil. Fired her up for the first time this year :punk:and synched the carbs.

Waiting on a clutch master then once I bleed the back brakes and clutch line I should be ready to test n tune!

Thanks to Sean for loaning me some parts to get on the road!!!!!!!

Hopefully I will make it to Thunder for the first time ever.

tried to figure out why my reserve and low fuel light don't work.
no luck. every thing is plugged in the way it should be.

so i drank a beer and admired the vmax.

Was going to clean, inspect,and repack the front wheel bearings. The first one went fine. It looked like new. I cleaned it up, repacked it with Mobil 1 synthetic grease and set it aside. While driving out the second one the punch slipped and I caught the cage. Now I have sealed bearings. Cleaned and painted the speedo drive and repacked it. Pulled the forks and put in new race tech springs and 10 W. Amsoil. I pulled the steering head nuts and then used my new tool to reset the steering preloaded. Tomorrow I,ll finish putting it back together. Rand

got caught in a fricken thunderstorm coming home from work. It was a 15 mile ride and lacked 2 miles of beating the rain thanks to a line of morons driving 50 mph :bang head: Once rain stopped I spent next 2 hrs cleaning:damn angry:
Good news for the day though is my sissybar bag came today so it's time to pack for Eurika Springs:eusa_dance:

Took a break while mowing the lawn, got an idea so I fabbed up a uber simple bracket for mounting another camera on the bike.

Put on my lumix camera and couldn't get it to focus, too much going on for the autofocus to keep up. so I'm going to try a manual setting to see if that works better, if not I'll mount my cannon to see if thats any better.

Pics to follow.

.....55mph rolling burnouts....... triple time!!! love the f'ing power of this new bike!!

I ended up going with the powershot point and click 8mp camera. I think it worked wonderfully.

Here is the vid and a pic of the mount. I had a "U"shaped camera and flash mount similar to what the stalkerazzi's use. I just cut the base off of it, used the ol trusty uni-bit and enlarged the hole then mounted it to where the old mirror used to be. I just have to turn on the mute or dub some tunes over the shitty wind noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf71tEfx1NU

Attachments

• CameraMount.jpg
    CameraMount.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 12
Went to Quaker Steak bike night. Great weather and a great band playing! One hell of a lot of bikes there. Saw another vmax with a set of Marks pipes, but he was pulling out as I saw him....was gonna see if he knew of VMF.

rode to a local bike night.
parked next 5 other vmax's, met some cool dudes.
told them about this site. maybe they will come check it out.

While moving stuff to clean the garage, I took a couple more pictures of the camera mount I put on the bike.

Attachments

• P1030217.jpg
    P1030217.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 28
  • P1030218.JPG
    P1030218.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 29
Had a close one today! This ass in a new F150 about got me changing lanes. I was in the left and he didn't want to get slowed by someone turning right, so over he came about 12" in front of me. Fortunately I was looking ahead and saw it coming and got out of the throttle just in time. I waved at him in his mirror and he had the balls to flip me off. Needless to say I scared the hell out of his wife/girlfriend when I got next to them and told him how I felt.

I pulled my old kerker off,pried the old gaskets out and cleaned the ports up. Went to the chrome shop and picked up my polished Mark's 4into1 header,it looks just like chrome. Next I pulled the horn off and cleaned and polished it. I took off the case savers to drop them off to be rechromed. Then I removed the straight frame cross brace and installed a new later model notched one. With the pipes off there is so much room to do things. I think I'll wait and order radiator hoses before I put the header on. I'm leaving for a week anyway. I would set the valves too but I want to redyno it so I can compare the Mark's to the Kerker. I dynoed it about 20 miles ago and haven't made any mechanical changes since then. That's all for now.

I pulled my old kerker off,pried the old gaskets out and cleaned the ports up. Went to the chrome shop and picked up my polished Mark's 4into1 header,it looks just like chrome. Next I pulled the horn off and cleaned and polished it. I took off the case savers to drop them off to be rechromed. Then I removed the straight frame cross brace and installed a new later model notched one. With the pipes off there is so much room to do things. I think I'll wait and order radiator hoses before I put the header on. I'm leaving for a week anyway. I would set the valves too but I want to redyno it so I can compare the Mark's to the Kerker. I dynoed it about 20 miles ago and haven't made any mechanical changes since then. That's all for now.

So what'cha gonna do with the Kerker????

Wink Wink Nudge Nudge:biglaugh:

I thought I'd take it down and see about having it ceramic coated. After 20 years on the bike it's pretty rusty. That's the main reason for taking it off. I'll never understand why kerker didn't switch to stainless or at least make it an option.

I thought I'd take it down and see about having it ceramic coated. After 20 years on the bike it's pretty rusty. That's the main reason for taking it off. I'll never understand why kerker didn't switch to stainless or at least make it an option.

So it's not going up for sale???

DAMMIT!!!!!!

That Mod Monkey got ahold of me at the Brownie Run.....

Rode out to Fargo`s to return his synch tool and then we took a ride out to Dana Point (out past Neport Beach) and after synching his carbs, his bike ran like a raped ape !!!! when he left a signal his bike lifted up like like it wanted to fly !!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
I can`t believethe power that bike has , so I think that we are done with chasing ghosts and now it`s time to ride and enjoy our little monsters and our women will also be glad to see our tools back in the box where they belong:rofl_200:
Yes it was truely a good day.
Definately looking foreward to more just like it.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::clapping::clapping:
<<Dave>>:punk:

Back