Help from SEAN MORLEY

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pikipikos

Reaction score
Nicosia CYPRUS 🇨🇾 EU island in the Mediterranean
Hi Sean, i need your advise. I refurbished a Vmax1200 1994 recently..on tje front fork rebuild i installed Wirth progressive springs and removed plastic spacers because lenght was as stock measure (381.5 mm) i guess. Now can i install Racetech emulators? Racetech states that i will have lenght issues and i should use other springs ordinary ones..i have the known wobble effect on small road bumps and cracks..
Please help me out cause here in my country, mechanics are shit..:bang head:
Mario-

Got your email as well (which is preferred contact method).

Hi Shawn, hope you are fine and healthy.I have an issue. My 94 max is hesitating in the highway. Half throttle is running 60mph.Wacking the throttle 3/4 and hesitates. Doesn't speed up.. Very difficult to reach 80mph. Doesn't make any interruptions, but doesn't raise up mileage. Idle is perfect. Acceleration and boost on 123 gears is OK.
What do I have to check.? Pump is Chinese but works OK, or maybe not?fuel is 95oct.
Please I need some advise.
Marios_pikipikos

Is the bike fully assembled? You can't do any test rides and get accurate fueling results with the airbox not in place or the faux tank cover. Did you make any jetting changes, header changes or other changes? Filter quality? Try without the fuel cap locked down (in case it's developing a vacuum in the tank from a plugged vent line)

Hi Shawn and Happy New Year to you and your family.
About the bike: yes is fully assembled,factory parts except the fuel pump as i mentioned. Carbs have been rebuilt,tank has been cleaned up ,fuel hoses replaced. Fuel filter Emgo,changed 6 months ago. The only thing i didn't replace on carbs is the a/f screws,but i have them in-stock. Can i replace them with the carbs on or i have to disassemble them.
When you say tank cap ,you mean to open the tank cap,put a rack on top and give it a ride? Shall i check the hoses from the tank and blow them with compressed air? Where to you think the problem can be,on the breather or inadequate fuel supply.
Waiting for reply.
Mario

Try riding the bike without the fuel cap under the seat locked in place (leave it loose and just sitting on top of the tank spout). See what that does.

Hay Sean!

OK, I went to your web site and maybe it’s just not iPad friendly, but I can’t find anything to do with gen 2s. I also found your post from ‘16 where you were starting on a gen 2 project bike. But it seems like that just stopped long before you did any mods/results.

So I’m back to the original question about getting a gen2 pipes and chip. What can you do for me there. I think I’d like to get everything from one source.

How will I use it? Well it will be on the street. Just normal riding, or as normal as the Michigan group ride. I need something louder then stock so I can hear my own bike when riding with others. Given a mod for more HP or more torque, I’ll take torque every time. It won’t see the strip... if. Was going to build a Drag bike, I would build a drag bike from the ground up. ( I used to be a damn good drag racer and engine builder, but with inline 4 engines). So I guess that leaves about any pipe/ can that dosent require Lots of RPMs before it works good

Thanks!
Craig

Always best to email me at [email protected]
I do have 4-1 Hindles available and can help arrange the reflash to match it as well as a PC-V map (and I can also sell you a PC-V too). That makes the most overall power for the gen 2's and it's a pretty dramatic difference with 20+ rwhp gains (some people see 30hp gain).
If you want 4-2 I have some of those available too in a few brands but they won't give you the full potential you could get with the full header swap.

Always best to email me at [email protected]
I do have 4-1 Hindles available and can help arrange the reflash to match it as well as a PC-V map (and I can also sell you a PC-V too). That makes the most overall power for the gen 2's and it's a pretty dramatic difference with 20+ rwhp gains (some people see 30hp gain).
If you want 4-2 I have some of those available too in a few brands but they won't give you the full potential you could get with the full header swap.
How much are the Hindles? Are they matte black?

I can have one done in black by them for us (they did that for another customer of mine)

I know I can get the Hindle pipe and I have asked Brock about the muffler and they said it was also available though it was pretty expensive

Latest posts

Back