Plug boot fail?..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Four

Reaction score
Anyone ever had a 'resistir boot' fail?

Checked all wires for resistance..narrowed diwn to 1 boot that has infinate resistance. I know the factiry ones can be disassembled..but no luck here. And theyre only like 2 yr old..?..

Strange..
(Tho im no stranger to running in 3 cyl).. ;)

:/

T $

Attachments

• 20170731_214726.jpg
    20170731_214726.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 17

Checked all wires for resistance..narrowed diwn to 1 boot that has infinate resistance. I know the factiry ones can be disassembled..but no luck here. And theyre only like 2 yr old..?..

Strange..

T $

Never have but I'm pretty sure I still have my brand new boots if you want them. They were on my bike one week before I switched to cops. I'll look for em, I find em you're more then welcome to have them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange..

T $

I dont know if the NGK boots can be rebuilt or not?

Here is a pic of an older OEM boot apart, that little blunt object is the resistor.
There is also a little disc that I sanded oxidation off of along with both ends of that resistor.

Attachments

• 20160421_214116 (2).jpg
    20160421_214116 (2).jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 12
Never have but I'm pretty sure I still have my brand new boots if you want them. They were on my bike one week before I switched to cops. I'll look for em, I find em you're more then welcome to have them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suerly i will. Ill pay postage thanks much.

Here is a pic of an older
OEM boot apart, that little blunt object is the resistor.
There is also a little disc that I sanded oxidation off of along with both ends of that resistor.

Yea, my originals looked like that (and yes, oem cld be disassembled and cleaned up).
Just so odd that a (reletively) new one would fail after maybe 2 years , less than 1000 mi, garaged, and never ridden in rain.

Thanks,
T $

I dont know if the NGK boots can be rebuilt or not?

I've come across both types.

Some can be disassembled just like OEM. I've had some that I could not figure out a way to take them apart.

To the OP. Are you sure you are making good contact with your test leads?
If the plug is showing infinite resistance, I'd say its most likely that the resistor is fried. This is easily checked IF you can take the plug apart.

It's pretty rare for the resistor to go bad but, stranger things have happened.

Latest posts

Back