Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I Have A 2006 , I Bought It New ( Left Over ) 3/07 ,i Love It !! The First Time I Rode It At Nite, The Gauge's Were So Brite They Really Bothered Me !!!! Especialy The Speedometer Thats In My Face !!! So I Took My Gauge's Apart, Put Really Low Watt Bulbs In Them, And Covered The Bulbs With Red Bulb Covers From Pepboys Auto Parts Store, Now All My Gauge's Glow Dim Red, At Nite It's Perfect And Look's Cool As Hell !!!!!! If Anyone Wants The Part Numbers For The Bulbs, I'll Go Out To My Trailer & Get Them!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Re: Brite Gauge's

Hey Somebody Check This Out & Let Me Know What You Think !! It Worked Out Awesome !!

Last edited:

Sounds interesting, can you post some pictures of it?

:ttiwwp:

Like B said!

I need this mod... I took mine apart but the bulbs were freaky small... Hook us up with part numbers and pictures please.

I Don't Know How To Get Pictures Onto The Computor, But I'll Give You Guy's The Part Numbers In The Morning !! Thier Out In My Trailer !!! It Work Out Great !!

Last edited:

The Bulbs Are From Napa Auto Parts , Get Six # 24 Bulbs & Six # 37 Bulbs ,this Way You Have Extras, The Red Bulb Covers Are From Pepboys Auto Parts,they Are Called "gel Cap Bulb Covers"part #wi-801r, They Also Come In Blue And Green, They Fit On The #24 Bulbs,but Are To Big For The #37 Bulbs, But Just Put The Gel Cap In The Hole First & Then Put The Bulb In, & That Secures It In The Hole, Or You Can Cut The Gel Caps Shorter & Put A Dab Of Clear Silocone On The End Of The Bulb & Then Put The Cap On , That Was My Back-up Plan If They Ever Came Off, I Have Gone 2,800 Miles & Have'nt Had A Problem !!! The Gauges Look Like They Came From The Factory Like This !! You Guy's Will Be Glad You Did This ! & Its Cheep !!!

Last edited:
Re: Bright Gauge's Remedy

You Can Just Use These Bulbs Without The Colored Covers, & They Will Still Be A Lot Dimmer !!!

Last edited:

The Cover's Come In Red, Blue, & Green, If They Are To Big For The Bulb's, You Can Cut Them Shorter & Take A Small Dab Of Clear Silocone , Put It On The End Of The Bulb, & Then Slide The Colored Cover Over It !!! This Will Keep Them From Falling Off !!!!

WHEN I POST A PICTURE OF THIS, MORE OF YOU WILL BE INTRESTED !!! TRUST ME, IT'S "BAD ASS"

I put the Red bulb covers on mine Sunday. Looks TOTALLY KEWL! Just Wish they were more of a Deep red. The PepBoys gel caps have a tiny bit of orange to them.
But they still look GoooooooooooD!
I'll keep my eye out for something that might give a rederer glow to it. LOL!

HEY 82NDCOWBOY , Did You Change The Bulbs Also ? I Know On That # 24 Bulb, You Can Get A # 24a Bulb Witch Is Amber & Still Use The Cover !! & THE BULBS I LISTED ARE MUCH LOWER WATT'S, & MAKE IT DEEPER, !!!!!

I put the Red bulb covers on mine Sunday. Looks TOTALLY KEWL! Just Wish they were more of a Deep red. The PepBoys gel caps have a tiny bit of orange to them.
But they still look GoooooooooooD!
I'll keep my eye out for something that might give a rederer glow to it. LOL!

Do YOU know how to upload pictures?:confused2:

YOU GUYS SENT ME THE INFO, I HAVE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF IT FIRST, & THEN FIGURE IT OUT !!

What number are the bulbs for the tach and temp guages? Might be easier to get LED bulbs if they make them.

I have a link at home for direct replacement colored bulbs at home.I can post it later.

Latest posts

Back