The new max is coming!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
I was at the dealer and was asking about trading in my 03 max for an R1, I don't like the riding position of the R1
The owner of the dealer told me to wait until they get a word at las vages dealer meeting in June or august, " we might get a word on the new max"
I just hope it will not be the V-Max Craft GK Design piece of shit.
or else I'll wait for this one to come out
________
vaaapp

Attachments

• SUZ_B-King.jpg
    SUZ_B-King.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
When I heard Yamaha were bringing out a new Vmax I got so excited that I pissed my pants

wots a diaper?

did you mean to type damper, as in steering damper!

thank you Mr. Midnight sir, you've always been good on the tech stuff, I doft my cap to thee squire :punk0000:

is that pic of a bking? They have already said it wont go into production (the B King)

I looked in the Oxford English dictionary and couldn't find 'diaper'

It must be an American slang word for something :uhm00000:

firefly said:
I was at the dealer and was asking about trading in my 03 max for an R1, I don't like the riding position of the R1

Ibrahim,

You should try the FZ1 instead. Very similar to the ergo of the V-Max. It's the offspring of the R1 & V-Max after a spirited company party :band:

Ride safe,

Tim

Can't see it being a Busa killer. It looks pretty big and heavy. Also, I hear that Suzuki is "updating" the Busa due to the gauntlet (ZX14) being thrown down by Kawasaki. I LOVE all the choices!

What is it that makes the VMax so heavy? Is it the V4 motor that is heavy. Litre size bikes can be light, like the R1 or GSXR1000, why can't the VMax shed a couple of hundred pounds? I think the new VMax has a different frame, so who knows, hopefully it will be lighter.

Buster Hymen said:
What is it that makes the VMax so heavy? Is it the V4 motor that is heavy. Litre size bikes can be light, like the R1 or GSXR1000, why can't the VMax shed a couple of hundred pounds? I think the new VMax has a different frame, so who knows, hopefully it will be lighter.

I don't think it's the configuration (V4) that makes it heavy. I think it's the obsession with weight loss over the last 10-15 years in sportbike design that has reduced the weight. The bikes produced today have even nuts & bolts that have been hollowed out because the designers have saved 450 grams (for example).... It all adds up. Each and every piece of modern sportbikes have been plugged into a computer. The Cruiser section is a different animal. There are no races to win (traffic light drags are anecdotal). It may make good "press" to brag about saving 20-30 lbs on the new Stratoliner due to a aluminum chassis, but when the machine still weighs 800 lbs, it's not that critical.

The new Max will be every bit of 700 lbs (if not more). I have no inside info, but judging the latest trend, it almost garaunteed. I hope not. The current version is actually pretty hefty. Pleasingly plump :smoke000:

Last edited:
there is a huge weight difference in the frames. Our frame is really heavy because of the materials used to make it

KRL0215 said:
there is a huge weight difference in the frames. Our frame is really heavy because of the materials used to make it
On the new VMax it looks like the type of frame you would see on a sport bike. That is why I was hoping that this new VMax would be light(er).

Buster Hymen said:
On the new VMax it looks like the type of frame you would see on a sport bike. That is why I was hoping that this new VMax would be light(er).
The new Max will definitely be lighter than the now version. Take off your foot peg mount and feel how much it weighs. The frame is not the place where a lot of weight will be disposed of but is more rigid (uni-frame), the engine can be easily removed and also the engine is used to stiffen the frame. Instead of using old iron like in the past, more modern materials will be used like titanium. I'm hoping for 200+hp with streetability control. Semi race cams would sound really good and would fit it's image. I'm looking for around 500lbs. of muscles.

Im still not buying the 200hp thing. Maybe at the crank, but not at the wheel. That is just too much of a jump for the general rider, people will get hurt bad on that kinda engine.

Plus the insurance companies wouldnt touch it

mikemax04 said:
The new Max will definitely be lighter than the now version. Take off your foot peg mount and feel how much it weighs. The frame is not the place where a lot of weight will be disposed of but is more rigid (uni-frame), the engine can be easily removed and also the engine is used to stiffen the frame. Instead of using old iron like in the past, more modern materials will be used like titanium. I'm hoping for 200+hp with streetability control. Semi race cams would sound really good and would fit it's image. I'm looking for around 500lbs. of muscles.

500lbs huh? Man, I really do hope that you are right. The trend with cruisers over the last few years has been to add cc's and weight of machine. All the new "power cruisers" over the last 5 years have been getting progressively heavier (except Warrior, which is still heavier than the old Max). It's almost as if weight is another bragging right. Weight loss is definately not priority 1....

I haven't seen the concept bike in person. Any number of changes could occur (even the cancelling of proposed production). The bike at the Tokyo show looks "big" to me. I still say it'll be every bit of 700 lbs, full of gas...:red ass: I'd rather you be right! Maybe you will be....

20051025142258_v11.jpg

Redux.

Do you still see the New Max as a Cruiser?
I see it more as a Streetfighter/Muscle bike. Which suits me just fine.

I really like the direction Yamaha has taken with this.
Present Max =280kgs I think the New Max will be down to about 240kgs. The Exhaust alone should save about 8kgs.

Latest posts

Back