V-boost adjustment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modmax

Reaction score
Just recently bought a 2000 and the v-boost kicks in around 6000rpm, Does anyone know how to adjust it so it kicks in sooner like around 4500rpm? Or can you completely turn it off so its on fulltime?

Well the stock vboost computer is designed to kick in the vboost at around 6000 rpm. Now you can get under the left scoop....and unplug the vboost controller with the vboost closed....so it won't open any more.

There are other options to get the vboost to open at other rpms...a tboost controller...that makes it opens at 6000.....3000....or off.....or the ignitech ecu.

I think you might want to get under the scoop fine the v-boost controller and turn the key on when you hear it cycle and stop the first time unplug the controller and stick it open, unless you really do want it off all the time, but I think you wouldn't want that really, do you ????? I mean what's the fun in makin your bike slower.

I have heard and seen video's of guys unplugging while listening for it to open fully but your chances of getting it exactly open fully are slim. The best way is manually.

There is also this controller from Sasy. Don't know too much about it but I've only heard good things. http://enhancetech.com.au/intropage.htm I've go the 3-boost from http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/tuning.html. It works well but I am looking at the ignitech CDI box from Morleys Muscle http://www.morleysmuscle.com/ so that I can change it up to about 4500. I like it open at 3000 but don't like the idea of it constantly working on and off every time I stop and start. It is actually very easy to unplug the lead under the left scoop on the first part of the cycle, the problem is that it doesn't cycle open 100%, at least on my bike it's about 60-70% open on the ignition cycle. Mine is unplugged in the closed position at the moment because my control unit failed. It runs perfectly and for normal casual riding ( if there is such a thing?) there is No difference if you don't get to 6000RPM. Usually in town I wouldn't anyway.

Matt

I wonder how the Sasy would work with the Dyna 3000 ignition? Also, would the Dyna offer an static advance of 3-4 degrees, to help with starting and off idle response?
EDIT: Ok, says it does work with the Dyna

You have a couple of other options

If you want to eliminate it all together I have a pair of inserts you can remove your VBOOST completely no concerns of restricted airflow by butterflies inside disruption or flies not being fully open.

T-Boost don't remember where you can buy them. You can make your own there were instructions on here somewhere. It basically feds a second coil lead to VBOOST begins to open at 3k fully open at 4.5k if memory serves me.
This is what I have on mine will have to look to see if I still have one laying around the garage if anyone is interested.

Hello, I might be interested in buying it from you. Please let me know. Thanks, James.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back