Yeah, I'm Stupid - Traffic Ticket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got pinched the other weekend on the Three Sisters on my VFR. Cop said he got me at 91 in a 65, but reduced it to 89. Which doesn't seem like a lot, but in Texas if you're over 90mph, it means you're not eligible to have the ticket dismissed by taking a driver ed class (which you can do online for $25). You get to do that once per year, pay a $100 "court cost", and the ticket is dropped so it doesn't go on your record.

Considering we'd been at 130+ numerous times that day, and had been speeding for hundreds of miles on the trip, I guess not that bad. Tons of other trips also had gratuitous speeding and never got caught (even a couple times sailed past a cop at 100+ and they didn't bother, they often don't if they're in a pickup, which a lot of the more rural sheriffs/constables are).

Meanwhile my buddy on his Concours very aggresively passed an unmarked white F150 the other day (which was "elephant racing" another truck, blocking the passing lane for miles), cop said he got him almost at 100 plus unsafe lane change and fail to signal, and he just got a warning. Dick.

Obviously cops vary, but I found in Texas if you have your license and reg current, you tend to get some leniency (because a LOT of people here do not).

I also seem to be next to invisible to cops on my Scout, but my VFR grabs their eye despite riding both in the same speedy manner. Guess the sportbike shilouette says "I'm speeding" a lot more than a low slung cruiser.

Someone should start a new thread here. Instead of "What did you do to your Max today?" could be "How many tickets did you get on your Max today?"

Latest posts

Back