Fitting R1/R6 front wheel (or other OEM variety)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illMax

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post here! When I first bought the Vmax, I couldn't find any forums. I'm happy to see there is one around..

I want to fit a R1/R6 front wheel to my 2004 Vmax. Can anyone tell me what is needed?

Reason being I recently purchased a black 3 spoke rear wheel and the R1/R6 wheel would match nicely in the front, imo.

Thanks!

illMax said:
Hello,

This is my first post here! When I first bought the Vmax, I couldn't find any forums. I'm happy to see there is one around..

I want to fit a R1/R6 front wheel to my 2004 Vmax. Can anyone tell me what is needed?

Reason being I recently purchased a black 3 spoke rear wheel and the R1/R6 wheel would match nicely in the front, imo.

Thanks!

I don't know anyone that has done it, so this is just theory, but I would imagine the axle is bigger on the R1/R6 so you have to fix that issue. Another method is to graft a front end on from a SS bike, but that requires a custom made triple tree and respringing the donor front end. Or the front wheel off a Thundercat(?) will fit with just a bit of machining of the front lower forks. An easier way is to order one from a number of different vendors that will bolt up with no mods, but it costs more.

Latest posts

Back