wheelie

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khuenefeldt

Reaction score
I can go into 2nd gear and get the front wheel up off the ground when leaning forward. It doesn't go straight up in the air....just a couple inches. I haven't been brave enough to lean back a little, because i worry about flipping the bike all the way up. Can anyone else pop a wheelie or give some tips on it. My back tire likes to spin at the same time, but then again i'm leaning forward as far as i can and not back.

i can pop a wheelie, wish i had the balls to ride one but i havnt found the courage yet. all i do is lean back a tad, yank on the handlebars and snap the throttle and she comes up as far as i could ever want her too, as soon as she pops up im off the throttle leaning forward about to shit myself. Its probably not good on the forks or the bike in general so i dont do it a lot.

I can go into 2nd gear and get the front wheel up off the ground when leaning forward. It doesn't go straight up in the air....just a couple inches. I haven't been brave enough to lean back a little, because i worry about flipping the bike all the way up. Can anyone else pop a wheelie or give some tips on it. My back tire likes to spin at the same time, but then again i'm leaning forward as far as i can and not back.

If you can wheelie on a bicycle, then it is the same principle. Most wheelies aren't as high as you think they are so remember that when you are riding it, and keep your foot ready on th eback break. Just remember most motors lose their oil feed during extended wheelies, so keep that in mind.

Only had the fron tire off the ground twice, both times by accident.

first time, car pulled out in front, I down shifted to help slow down, shifted down twice by accident, compressed the forks (I'm a fat bastard), nailed the throttle to try and get around the idiot as they felt the need to hit the brakes and the front end came up a bit over a foot. I quickly brought it down. Shit my pants a few miles down the road when I stopped to calm my nerves.

Second time was just after trying my hand at balancing the carbs, went for a test ride, crested a hill just as I shifted into 3rd while in boost, rear tire stayed planted, front tire tried for a moon launch. This one didn't rattle me and I rode it out and brought her down gentley.

I think in stock form, you have to coax the max to lift the front end. With engine work like many of the others have, I'd imagine it doesn't take as much coaxing. Oh yea, and not being a fat bastard prollie goes a long ways.:biglaugh:

Wheeling is an experienced practice. I;ve been doing it for years and many around here can attest to it. I don't generally carry it much past 3rd gear (starting in 1st) since the oil does relocate away from the pickup and starve the bearings.

Sean

I can wheelie the dirt bike but haven't had the balls yet to give it a shot on the Max. I'm lucky if I got 1000K on it yet. I have rode with a guy who can ride across any farmers field on the back wheel. It's so cool seeing him riding so far like that, looks like a blast.
When I was about 17/18 I had an RZ 350. Now that little sucker would wheelie if ya just farted. It was awesome. I think the biggest thing as mentioned - # 1 thing is make dam sure you have you foot on the back brake. This is the only thing that will save your ass from a flip.

I think I might wait for a bit and beef up the suspension before going on the wheelie wagon with the Max.

I can't imagine the technique is any different from bike to bike. There is just more to loose if you don't do it right - flip it or spill on the landing if you don't come down straight. Money and skin are not my two favorite things to loose.

By the way there is a school, all they teach is how to wheelie. I read it in one of my MCN mags. Have fun and don't hurt yourself trying it.

Lifts in second gear when hammering it down a straight from a stop.
I'm a light bastard though and the bike probably doesn't even notice my weight.

Comes up about a foot that way.

When I actually try and do it, hard on throttle for a hort blast then off and simultniously back on throttle and tug on the bars I can get about 3 and a half feet.
Makes me think I'm gonna flip over even though it's no where near high enough.

Why from a dead stop will it lift in second gear? Why not use first? Just curious...I've poped wheelies from hammering many other bikes...but this one kind of scares me because the back tire is spinning and the front is coming up....I have a new michilin macadam 50 on the back....I just can't get it to grab...will trying to launch in 2nd be easier to get the front up?

Why from a dead stop will it lift in second gear? Why not use first? Just curious...I've poped wheelies from hammering many other bikes...but this one kind of scares me because the back tire is spinning and the front is coming up....I have a new michilin macadam 50 on the back....I just can't get it to grab...will trying to launch in 2nd be easier to get the front up?

Sorry should have said after shifting into second gear.

I don't have the skills to try to ride a wheelie but popping one on the max is easy. I usually get it rolling about 30-35 miles per hour in first gear and give the clutch a little blip while whacking the throttle and it comes right up. Doing it at a higher speed lessens the chance of it flipping over and also lets me shift into second while the front is still up and letting it down easy instead of slamming it into the gound by backing out of the throttle.

Lol old thread. I’ve never wheelied on mine. I’ve tried and the front end doesn’t come up nor does the tire spin.... wonder if it needs a carb sync

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget the wheelies, forget the burnouts, just ride like you have been, and enjoy a long and safe time riding the roadways.

Lol old thread. I’ve never wheelied on mine. I’ve tried and the front end doesn’t come up nor does the tire spin.... wonder if it needs a carb sync

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back