Streetable Turbocharged Vmax/Venture.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJBinVA

Reaction score
So I've been busy the past two days and acquired 2 more Vmax's and an 83 Venture Royale. I have an itch to build a turbo venture. Here are the details/goals I've brainstormed.

Discreet appearance:

Would like to retain stock bags and plastics and hide turbo/intercooler behind the fairings. Not stuck on them being completely out of sight but would be cool if they were.

Motor:

I have 2 venture 1200s, an 01 RSV 1300 minus heads (pretty sure the vmax heads won't bolt on), and a spare vmax motor and extra set of vmax heads.

Wondering what the best combination of stock parts would be to support the turbo reliably as a daily driver. Not even sure about power goals initially but definitely want to be better than stock with room to grow after I get it sorted.

I want to use a Holley 390cfm double pumper (4150 style with mechanical secondaries). I'd machine and weld my own intake

What is a good choice for fuel pump? I'd be using a boost regulated FPR.

Anyone have a recommendation or experience with turbos for these bikes? Would it be easier to conceal an internal wastegate turbo or just go external?

Turbo would be the idea way to go. With the parts you've listed and some of ours:
RS 1300 Block (some versions have a lower compression pistons already in use)
RS Pistons (if the lower comp versions anyway)
Trans - Depending on which year and version either the RS trans or a Vmax trans
Vmax Rods (the RS would work but they are heavier)
Cometic Gaskets ($90)
ARP Studs ($120)
HD Oiling kit ($100)
Vmax Heads/Cams (and valve covers)
RS Side covers will be required though some of the RS blocks have mounting gasket surfaces for both cover types
Draw Through Turbo with Single Carb (Harley Type - Not the Holley). You could use the holley in a modified blow through system but that's not ideal.
Stock pump can keep up relatively well in a draw through but not if you do a blow through.

Latest posts

Back