Thinking about selling

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd update. Sold my 96 parts bike for $500. Have a few parts left over. Currently my 97 is listed for $3,500 not expecting that but leaves room for negotiation, after all it's ready to ride, just needs insurance and tag....... For the new owner, until it sells, I'm gonna enjoy it lol. It must be the season to sell here in SC, the volume of bikes on Craigslist has increased considerably. My ad is listed on the "random listing found" thread, if anybody is curious.

I think its a mistake to sell the 1st gen to buy the second. I realize its a personal thing but my cousin owns a second gen and is always taking about buying a first gen. Also, I have ridden the second gen alot and it does not have the feel of the first gen and even though it has SO MUCH MORE POWER I prefer the first gen. Keep in mind I also have a zx14 so I like the feel of a fast bike. The first gen is selling for so cheap that I think you are better off draining the fuel and putting it away until you really have the urge to ride it again. As far as value, I found my 2007, which was stock, in excellent shape, with 18,000 miles, in Miami, for $5000 on Craiglist. I drove it away for $3500. This is about as good as a first gen vmax you can expect to find.

I heard the second gen is like riding a bull. My first ever bike was a 78 goldwing, they came naked back then, but mine had the vetter fairing, saddlebags, and trunk. Not as heavy as the new goldwing but still hefty, it was a corner eater for what it was. Dragged the floor boards many times. I like big bikes. But I may still keep my first gen, it won't be ridden as I'll cancel the insurance and turn in the tag. Just figured I'd sell it rather than have it sit. Granted it's inside but not temp controlled environment. I'm still on the fence about it, I think I would cry if it did actually sell. The extra money would be nice though for accessories on the second gen. I'll give it till I buy a second gen. If I still have it, I'll prolly keep it. Could be a very easy semi restoration, the detailed stuff like lettering on the switches stuff like that. Could turn it into a track bike, keep the parts so I could make road worthy. Who knows, tons of ideas I'll see what happens in the next few weeks. I'll keep updated.

Sold my 97 yesterday, it was very rough to watch it go down the road. The gentleman who bought it owned one before, he said i had a reasonable price and he liked the 96,97 with the silver on black. It's what he owned before he said. And if i was ever around his area to contact him and he would let me go for a ride. Got what I wanted for it. $3,000 cash. Now it's off to see the dealer, about a brand new 2018. Kinda bitter sweet.

I think that the best advantage of the Gen II is that unless you're very stupid, you almost cannot hurt the bike's engine. And, it has a modern suspension.

I can ring the neck of a stock Gen I pretty-well, though I'm not a drag-racer. I think it would take me some-time to get-used to the Gen II.

Seeing the bikes around here in south Florida, I think I would be tempted to look for an optioned Gen II w/low miles, and save $5K. I do understand the thrill of a new bike, never ridden by anyone but you. You do pay for the privilege.

Here's one with < 2K miles on it. https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/d/2015-yamaha-vmax/6527040832.html
00707_kmkYDM4GywP_600x450.jpg
00j0j_fDBtheAUZKi_600x450.jpg
00D0D_bEi2WEmgFUn_600x450.jpg
00a0a_3xvHGi04QDg_600x450.jpg

The G2 is a much larger bike than a G1, I've ridden a couple G2's then got back on Redbone and it felt like a 250 single cylinder. It will take some time to get used to it but it is confidence inspiring to ride even when twisting the go grip.

I should hear something today, maybe tomorrow. Be the first brand new bike I've ever bought. I haven't ever bought anything new this expensive lol. Just my truck, and it was 9 years old, with 46,000 miles on it. And it was the same price. Fingers crossed, trying to not get my hopes up, it is what it is.
Redbone, I remember going from goldwing to the max, my first impression, v max is a small bike, sitting on it and moving it it around it felt small compared to goldwing lol. But, I twisted the the throttle, much, much faster, and more nimble than the goldwing. I was hooked, v boost junkie lol. I've heard the second gen doesn't have the kick the gen 1 has when v boost engages. And also doesn't sound like the gen 1 does. But I'm sure I'll love it, especially up in the mountains, I'm four hours from deals gap, still on my bucket list.

Not to worry the g2 will have the scenery blurry very quickly as well!:biglaugh:

I'm waiting now, dealer had to order it. Could be a week, could be three. Just depends where it's at, and if it needs to be assembled lol. I'm not as excited as I thought I would be. I think after I see it, I'll be like a kid in a candy shop lol. I'll be glad when it's finally in the garage. I hate buying cars, and bikes. Sign here, sign there, sign this, initial this. Here's your estimated payment :bang head: lol. All well, all worth it in the end.:punk: it's only money, can't take it with me when I go. I used to get all warm and fuzzy when I saw a vmax on a showroom floor, first thing you see once you walked threw the door. Different dealer than I bought from.

The G2 is a much larger bike than a G1, I've ridden a couple G2's then got back on Redbone and it felt like a 250 single cylinder. It will take some time to get used to it but it is confidence inspiring to ride even when twisting the go grip.

LOL, the Gen 1 is a nice normal sized bike, and I am an average size guy. This is what I feel like when i get on the gen 2.

Attachments

• 22_0215_Khozan_-Race5_GS__DBW6591.jpg
    22_0215_Khozan_-Race5_GS__DBW6591.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 9
LOL, the Gen 1 is a nice normal sized bike, and I am an average size guy. This is what I feel like when i get on the gen 2.

Lmao!!! :rofl_200: from what I read it's only like 3 inches longer than the gen 1. Few more pounds. I bet it feels bulky, like a goldwing lol. Thats what I felt like on my goldwing. So I'm just curious, what's a normal size guy?? I'm 5'11" about 210-215# not fat, but I'm not a weight lifter either.

I'm 5'9 220. One issue that I have is that I have a 29 inch inseam, so i am always on the balls of my feet. (In the process of getting a cut down seat). When you sit on it, you realize how much bigger it is. It is comfortable......just bigger.

The gen 2 is just bigger, which you can definitely tell at slower speeds (up to like 10-15 mph).

I have a 32" inseam. When I first sat on my gen 1, of course I went from a goldwing where the pegs were further from the seat than the v max, I felt a bit squished. My thighs were parallel to the ground, as on the goldwing my knees were lower, my thighs angled down. So my first thought about the gen 1 was, it's small lol. Like my wife just said to me, you sold your gen 1, so I hope you like the gen 2, lol.

Latest posts

Back