Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, glad to be connected to this forum. I have learned so much just browsing through older and current threads. I was a sophomore in highschool when the 85 Vmax first made it's debut. It was love at first sight! At the age of 51, I purchased a 2005 Vmax 1200. I absolutely love the riding position, it's looks and the sound of the Kerker 4-2-1. Anyways, thanks for letting me join the club!
I was the sophomore in high school when they came out also. There was motorcycle dealer near me in late '80s that had a V-Max and Kawasaki Eliminator sitting next to each other. To me the VMAX just looked more menacing. I got a 06 I bought about 10 years ago and I'll never sell it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200622_193501088_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200622_193501088_HDR.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 7
I was the sophomore in high school when they came out also. There was motorcycle dealer near me in late '80s that had a V-Max and Kawasaki Eliminator sitting next to each other. To me the VMAX just looked more menacing. I got a 06 I bought about 10 years ago and I'll never sell it.
Hey MadMark, nice looking bike! Nothing sounds like a Vmax with a Kerker👍. Good things are worth waiting for are they not? They Vmax reminds me of a good vintage wine. It only gets better with age. Be safe brother!

Hello guys! My name is Max, new forum member from Vancouver, Canada. Two weeks ago I bought a brand new 2019 VMax 1700, one of the last new Maxes on the planet I think. I have owned various motorcycles in the past, mostly liter sportbikes. I sold my previous bike 2021 Honda SB1000R Black Edition, just finished modifying it... and I already mentioned the reason - at one of the dealers nearby I found a Beautiful Black VMax with a mileage of 1(one!) kilometer on it... Now it has already 947 km, which I drove in the first 5 days, and now I'm waiting for the Yamaha dealer to do the first service ... The impressions of the VMax are the best - when you ride it, it carries you like a monster, not feeling its own and my weight ... These first almost 1000 km I didn't do more than 60-70% of the power, but I think in the future it will be enough to feel on equal terms with the fastest riders, if that's what you want...
In fact, I already had experience riding the VMax 1200 in the early 2000s. Once I was traveling in Thailand and I rented a 1st generation VMax and spent 10 happy days with. Then I really liked that bike, and I already became a potential member of this sect ... I must say that in real life I met VMax on the road maybe 5 or 6 times, and this includes the 1st and 2nd generation. And at the moto show since 2018, every year I saw the VMax 1700 at the Yamaha booth. And every year I wanted to buy a VMax, but I could not decide ... When Yamaha announced the end of production of the VMax in 2020, I decided that as soon as I saw a VMax for sale at one of the local dealers, I would not miss this opportunity.
Here is such a story. Sorry for the somewhat long story and my imperfect English, but also let me bore you with a few photos taken during the first few days of riding my VMax. I love taking photos and would like to share them in the future, but for some reason I can't find the ability to create photo albums in the forum options. Maybe I missed it, and you tell me how to do it, I will be grateful.
The forum gives a lot of information, with gratitude I find many interesting things that you need to know, and which help to make a choice of modification. In my plans already: Akrapovic Racing Titanium Header, and I want to leave the stock mufflers, I really like their look. Replacing turn signals with ones close to stock look, but clear lens, with amber LED bulbs (I don’t like when tiny turn signals are installed on VMax). Fender Eliminator Tail - I like having the massive VMax rear wheel open (which one did you put on your VMax?). Engine sliders and other nice small things from Sato Racing. Thoughts on installing a larger fuel tank - driving to gas stations every 100km is very tiring. Maybe later I will order and install a 240mm rear wheel - I really the look of the VMax with the wide rear tire. (someone installed this? Which brend?) Trying to find the OEM Saddlebags, but it already looks like a problem ... (any ideas?) Of course, change the head light to LED or HID (which bulbs are better?)
And of course, daily reading of the forum - a lot of interesting things!
Dreams come true when we really want them...
Ride safe guys!
Peace ✌

Attachments

• IMG-0645.jpg
    IMG-0645.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-0857.jpg
    IMG-0857.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-0912.jpg
    IMG-0912.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-1016.jpg
    IMG-1016.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-1028.jpg
    IMG-1028.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-1060.jpg
    IMG-1060.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-1150.jpg
    IMG-1150.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-1152.jpg
    IMG-1152.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 8
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    371 KB · Views: 7
  • 2B81BCDE-1D9B-4556-AD11-C234CC96A9B5.jpg
    2B81BCDE-1D9B-4556-AD11-C234CC96A9B5.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
If I could afford the 1700 I'd have one as well they look amazing.
Your all black one is especially good.
I'll just have to put up with heavily modifying my 1200 😀

If I could afford the 1700 I'd have one as well they look amazing.
Your all black one is especially good.
I'll just have to put up with heavily modifying my 1200 😀
Thanks bro, sometimes I think the 1200s are more respectful...
Anyway, I can't walk past without taking a picture (attached)

Attachments

• IMG-9179.jpg
    IMG-9179.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-9181.jpg
    IMG-9181.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi..not too new to maxx but new to forum.this is my 2nd max..1 st was an 88 this is a 99..bone stock..the 88 had kerker pipe.. frame braces.. stage 7... Tryna figure out site navigation.

Hello To All. New to the Forum and have Learned A ton so Far about the Max. Great to be here. Thank you to Everyone for all the Help right off the Bat. 👊👊

Latest posts

Back