Sissy Bar and Rack Compatibility

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZackDaniels

Reaction score
The Maxgasser is all but certainly in my bike's future.
So is a sissy bar and rack.

I've decided on either the Exactrep sissy/luggage combo or a Renntech sissy/luggage combo. Whichever I can find first at firesale prices.

I looked over some customer photos and such and didn't see the maxgasser with either of these sets. I know the pillion is larger than stock so I was curious on how the combo looks if anybody has it.

X3Td2.gif

Looks like there might not be enough clearance there to have both. For the long road trips I'll be putting a tour sissy bar bag on to act as a nice big ass backrest and will need to get under the sissy bar for strapping it all down.

i have a renntec (the company that makes that setup) and love it. i'll let rick comment on the maxgasser setup, but its a good piece. u might be able to find it cheaper under the renntec name. there is an old thread on here about them somewhere.

mine, powdercaoted matte black:
IMAG0489.jpg

Yeah I'd PC it black as well. I keep going back and forth on if I want the knee gaurds or not, but that's a perfect shot to see how it works as a concept, thanks!

It's the low clearance that makes it attractive to me. Just curious on if low is too low when the extra padded pillion seat gets on there. If nobody has the combo, maybe a measurement on how much taller the pillion is over stock and a measurement of the gap on that rack would be enough to draw something up and get a good idea.

Zack I looked at the pictures and I'm pretty confident that the Maxgasser will work with that, My only concern would be that if you're going to try to put a bag on the seat ,that the pivot up for fueling might be a pain in the ass for you.

The bag will only be used during long road trips and will slide off and on. 1 part for extra storage and 1 part for a back rest when my wife isn't there to lean back on. Something like this, but obviously not the exact model as it's pretty clear it wont work with a shorter bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-LVf267Wdk

I'll probably end up getting creative and having a custom fit cover made or just say fuck it and bungee the whole thing down. My concern as far as the MaxGasser is concerned is that I'll have enough clearance to get a bungee or whatever under the backrest on that particular sissy/rack combo should it come to that.

I know you have the loan a seat program for just this reason, but I'm pretty set on the seat... what I'm trying to figure out is if I want bite the bullet and go with a less stylized more traditional backrest. They're hard to find on ebay, and when I do find one I want to be sure I can pull the trigger without hosing my 'grand plan' for the bike.

Zack, now that I'm home:bang head: I see the info I was going to give you ,you've already gotten:clapping:.Cycle-istiCs set up will work well! and he's a vmax guy:biglaugh:

I have the Cycle-istic backrest and rack. I'm glad the Maxgasser function has been confirmed on this thread. I know there's another one out there somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I like the rack and heavy duty capacity but I prefer the look of the lower less traditional looking sissy bar. I don't plan on putting much more than 10 lbs on it as I have the saddle bags for anything heavy, and will be offsetting anything serious with the seat and sissy bar.

If you'd do something lower and streamlined custom I'd be interested, but I doubt I could make it worth your while for a 1-off make.

Does anyone have just the Back Rest? Would like to see some photos of the install with out the rack...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back