" cold air performance "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I WENT RIDING LAST NIGHT AND IT GOT DOWN TO ABOUT 55 DEG. , " ITS BEEN HOT AS BALLS " AT THE " JERSEY SHORE " ALL SUMMER , BUT ITS JUST AMAZING HOW MUCH CRISPER & SMOOTHER IT RUNS , EVEN IDLES SMOOTHER IN THE COOLER WEATHER ! .. :punk:.. PLUS , IT WAS NICE JUST NOT TO BE SWEATING MY BALLS OFF SITTING IN TRAFFIC ! ..:punk:

I love it when the temperature drops. Bikes run better and so do I.
I hate riding all Summer in the Florida Oven.

Yea just bought a armored jacket mainly for the cold. Both Vmax's like cooler/dryer air.

Yea just bought a armored jacket mainly for the cold. Both Vmax's like cooler/dryer air.

I live in northern MN. Heavy on the northern part!! Cold dry air=Hp..if the roads would allow it I'd post well beyond 130 rwhp on my almost stock 85 max...probly not...lol... but -30F makes ya wonder??? Eh???

Shorthair..................

I've been out in -17f on my way to classes this year. It ran good, but after sitting out for a while it almost didn't want to start.

It's fall time now, so out and about in 40 to 60f. sunny and clear, the bike loves it.

I'm with everyone else. My Vmax was super crisp and fast when it was 30s-60s. During the Summer it ran, but not as well...even after tweaking the carbs for the Summer. Now that it's getting cooler out again it's getting better.

I have my 1 piece all weather riding suit ready for this Winter. I plan on commuting on the Vmax everyday as long as it's mid-20s and above and no snow/ice on the road.

Latest posts

Back