Seat alternatives

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Are we pretty much limited to the one piece Corbin seat if we want to upgrade the stock seat? I have a 1986 that is less than comfortable. Can the foam be replaced with a more modern material?

Sean Morley offers a customized seat. One2dmax @ aol.com (but no spaces in the address) for info.

I have a couple Corbins at various prices p.m. me if interested.

Wasn’t the gasser seat going to be made again if there count was high enough?. Rmsportmax was another place you could grab a seat but the site is no longer up. Options are limited but they’re out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we pretty much limited to the one piece Corbin seat if we want to upgrade the stock seat? I have a 1986 that is less than comfortable. Can the foam be replaced with a more modern material?

You could try this guy: http://www.greatdaytoride.com/faq.html
He's in Florida where you are and has a good reputation. My dealings with him were very professional and his prices are very reasonable IMO. He uses Supracor on top of foam to improve comfort.

You can tell him Mark from Tuxedo NY sent you to him.....he might remember me.

Hopefully he won't charge you more after mentioning me. LOL

I do of course off the seat work and have a couple of "sale" seats available. Usually these are done to order. Always best to email me at [email protected]

You could try this guy: http://www.greatdaytoride.com/faq.html
He's in Florida where you are and has a good reputation. My dealings with him were very professional and his prices are very reasonable IMO. He uses Supracor on top of foam to improve comfort.

You can tell him Mark from Tuxedo NY sent you to him.....he might remember me.

Hopefully he won't charge you more after mentioning me. LOL

Show us what he did for you. I'd love to see it just to put it out there as more options for custom seats.

I currently have the Sportmax seat from John Furbur. Had it for years, but someday may want to try something else. Maybe a little more 'stretched' back for more movement when I put my feet up on the highway pegs.

Vinnie

Show us what he did for you. I'd love to see it just to put it out there as more options for custom seats.

I currently have the Sportmax seat from John Furbur. Had it for years, but someday may want to try something else. Maybe a little more 'stretched' back for more movement when I put my feet up on the highway pegs.

Vinnie

Mine was an FJR seat not a Vmax seat.

He will modify any seat to what you are looking for based on your weight, height, riding position etc.

Keep in mind he only works on stock seats though so if your's has already been modified at all (gel pad, cut down etc.) you're out of luck.

http://www.greatdaytoride.com/rider-magazine-review.html

Wasn’t the gasser seat going to be made again if there count was high enough?. Rmsportmax was another place you could grab a seat but the site is no longer up. Options are limited but they’re out there.

If one can get a Maxgasser that is a darn good thing. I'm enjoying mine plenty, in fact now that getting a new one is questionable at best I dont figure I would let mine go for any reasonable amount of money.

My bike came with a Corbin, I couldnt get rid of it fast enough. Seems some of the heavier fellows like Corbin but honestly I have not met many. It might not be hard to find a local upholstery shop that does bike seats. Not just willing to do one but has experience with motorcycles. If such a local exists near you then the local bike and HD shops are going to know who it is. A visit to said bike shops might get you a decent lead.

If one can get a Maxgasser that is a darn good thing. I'm enjoying mine plenty, in fact now that getting a new one is questionable at best I dont figure I would let mine go for any reasonable amount of money.

My bike came with a Corbin, I couldnt get rid of it fast enough. Seems some of the heavier fellows like Corbin but honestly I have not met many. It might not be hard to find a local upholstery shop that does bike seats. Not just willing to do one but has experience with motorcycles. If such a local exists near you then the local bike and HD shops are going to know who it is. A visit to said bike shops might get you a decent lead.

Lol, I just got rid of a spare Corbin I had. Was a heavy fella that scooped it up. They are definitely a better fit for the wider butts. I have a modified stock that I use once in a while but mainly my gasser is what stays on. I thought there was a tally going to see the demand for them but maybe I had seen that elsewhere. I almost did get rid of my gasser, and damn glad I didn’t.

Lol, I just got rid of a spare Corbin I had. Was a heavy fella that scooped it up. They are definitely a better fit for the wider butts. I have a modified stock that I use once in a while but mainly my gasser is what stays on. I thought there was a tally going to see the demand for them but maybe I had seen that elsewhere. I almost did get rid of my gasser, and damn glad I didn’t.

Yes, Rick is gauging interest and if enough he said "would start up this winter" per FB post maybe a week back.

I dropped my pan molds of with my fiberglass guy months ago and told him I needed ten for the fall.

Now he’s not returning calls or texts.......

Last time I saw my molds I had left them with his son , and they were outside :(

The Corbin is like sitting on cement https://www.vmaxforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=59107&stc=1&d=1540351143 not much better than stock seat.

the slot down the center is for the tail bone and prostate that causes all the pain, https://www.vmaxforum.net/To Upload/eusa_dance.gifthe black foam is high density and does not absorb water. I would add another 1-2'' of air or jell over the top. the cover has lots of room. [email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_3149.jpg
    IMG_3149.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 12
I still have the seat rework service as well and have a few "sale" options still on hand. It's always easiest to email me at [email protected] and you can see the various ones we've done in the Morleys Muscle facebook page (seat photo album)

Latest posts

Back