Richardson Motorsports, Richarson TX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info. I do most of my own work on my Max, with help from this KICKASS forum:punk: I got screwed at Central Yamaha, during a front & rear tire change they managed to bend my odometer knob, which I didn't notice till I got home. I fixed that & I only purchase parts from them if I have to. What kind of work did you have done in Richardson.

Thanks for the info. I do most of my own work on my Max, with help from this KICKASS forum:punk: I got screwed at Central Yamaha, during a front & rear tire change they managed to bend my odometer knob, which I didn't notice till I got home. I fixed that & I only purchase parts from them if I have to. What kind of work did you have done in Richardson.

Don't get me started on Central Yamaha. When I was shopping for a bike, I made a deal with a salesperson there on a new '07. Got a price down to the penny. Went to the bank the next day, got a cashier's check for it, and headed to the dealership on Saturday to plunk my money down for it.

When I walked in, the salesman got a really uncomfortable look on his face. When I told him I was ready to buy the bike and get it prepped for pickup, he excused himself for a moment, then came back and gave me a price $1,500 more than we had agreed upon. When he saw my face turning red, he mumbled some garbage about his thinking that I had a trade in - or so he thought. For some reason he thought I had another Max to trade in. I said another Max worth $1,500? Right.

It was really clear to me that they had sold the bike to someone else for more money, and were now backpedaling. I was really loud and obnoxious as I left, and I made sure the other customers in the place heard me when I left. I will never set foot in that place again.

I picked up the phone and bought my bike from Randall Noe over in Rockwall. They were great to deal with, but since then I have discovered Gary over at Richardson Motorsports and plan to buy my new Max this fall from them.

The Richardson guys were troubleshooting an electrical issue I had been having. After a ride last weekend, the bike died completely with no electrical power at all, and all fuses looked good. I was stuck away from home and without tools, so I just took the bike to them and they found a loose wire - something I should have been able to find. *sigh*

Tom

I order all my parts from those guys but they won't touch my bike due to it being an 85 except for light preventative work like oil changes,crbs syncs, etc..they won't troubleshoot. All Yamaha dealers will not touch an older Max even though the maintenance is unchanged for 20+ years.

Latest posts

Back