Considering selling for a CBR Blackbird

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
Opinions? I love the vmax but I'd like fuel injection and fairings.

Honest opinions? I wouldn't take any less than 3750 for the Vmax if I did sell it because I do love it and feel it's worth about that with the new rims.

The blackbird is a very nice bike and fast. I personally don't like the linked braking system, you can't control the amount of input to the front and rear completely independently. They are very smooth and rock solid at all speeds. I do like fuel injection as well, It makes life easy. To me they are apples and oranges though. I use to ride with some guys on Sundays on my ZX-11 and there Blackbirds and there is no way anyone on a Gen 1 V-max could go with us, they would never keep up. Some may argue they could but We've had guys try and they can't, even on the straights.
I personally would look at the ZX-1200 or something without the linked brakes but some people really like them. The fact is, that if you are thinking that seriously you're probably ready for a change, go for it. You'll be back one day though, I've done it twice before.

Matt

You can always fix the linked braking system. Every one that ive seen in person was converted to take care of that "problem".

I have one with linked braking , a Black '99 , and one without , a Silver '02 . Unless you're a track or racer boy , you probably won't be able to tell the difference between the two while riding. These babies are relatively quiet and sneaky fast , unless you go to an aftermarket full single sided exhaust , like Akrapovic . Slip ons sound good with a nice rumble on idle and deep growl at full song , like Two Brothers . If you need 200 + H.P. , you can head towards a Turbo . Most any questions can be answered by genuine people who ride , all over the planet , similar to our forum , @ cbrxx.com .

Attachments

• Blackbird '99 & VMax '98   8.jpg
    Blackbird '99 & VMax '98 8.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 32
  • BB '02 ZX14 Conversion   28.jpg
    BB '02 ZX14 Conversion 28.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 33
I've had 2 Max's so that speaks for itself...comes a time when the mid-80's technology has to be weighed with more updated tech , mainly fuel-injection and fairings...I heard that somewhere...also the Honda's reputation for dependability has to be taken into account . I traded my first Max for an RC51 , and the second Max for the FI Harley . Just my 2 cents and good luck with your decision...

I've had 2 Max's so that speaks for itself...comes a time when the mid-80's technology has to be weighed with more updated tech , mainly fuel-injection and fairings...I heard that somewhere...also the Honda's reputation for dependability has to be taken into account . I traded my first Max for an RC51 , and the second Max for the FI Harley . Just my 2 cents and good luck with your decision...

Hey Oldtimer, Your bike looks somewhat familiar to me. check my avatar.

Matt

Some of my best memories were on my blackbird. I have driven it over 1,000 in one day and felt great. I have a Vmax now, but have always missed the cbr1100xx.

Latest posts

Back