Shotgun

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you do shotgun, I looked it up it will not let me on.

Hi Ryan. I found the procedure a while back as a .pdf. If you email me at [email protected] I will send it to you when I get home.

I just got done doing it last weekend on my bike. That plus a half a can of seafoam and the bike is back to it's wonderful self.

I did a couple shotguns on my '85 this year. I'm presently dosing the gas with a heavy shot of Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner. 2 oz or more every time I gas up. I've got about 800 miles on this year, and things are definitely clearing up nicely. Inspecting the 25 year old diaphragms showed no holes. I'm not trusting the 0 rings on the idle mixture screws. I am thinking of silicone seal to plug them - easily removable if i need to reset anything, or finding some little rubber plugs to seal up the holes.

I did a couple shotguns on my '85 this year. I'm presently dosing the gas with a heavy shot of Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner. 2 oz or more every time I gas up. I've got about 800 miles on this year, and things are definitely clearing up nicely. Inspecting the 25 year old diaphragms showed no holes. I'm not trusting the 0 rings on the idle mixture screws. I am thinking of silicone seal to plug them - easily removable if i need to reset anything, or finding some little rubber plugs to seal up the holes.

+1 to covering up the A/F holes. Keeping the dirt out and having them stay clean is important. Any hardware store should have 1/4" hole plugs. The shotgun is something every Vmax will need sooner or later. This is something I saved a while ago with good info. From the old but not forgotten Vmax masters. I hope it helps out some of the new guys. I still refer to it. Let me know if it doesn't open.

Attachments

• good carb article.doc
    134 KB · Views: 90
I got the shotgun done on my bike, it made a big difference in take off and got rid of the spitting from number one carb. I got a lot of black and brown looking junk out of it. Did it over and over again until it cleared up. Thanks Tony Piece for getting me the info. on it.

Can someone send me a link to the procedure as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back