How to remove carbs and access float bowls

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I know this question will tell a lot about my experience level but where are these float bowls and what do they look like and what do I need to take apart to access them/clean them?

Here is a quick tutorial. I took these shots last time I had my carbs out.

First off, you should get a service manual

carb0.jpg

Step 1, strip off the scoops, faux gas tank and airbox

carb1.jpg

These are the carbs! LOL ! :smileystooges:

carb2.jpg

You need to loosen the lower clamps on the carb throats and remove the throttle cables. It is a push-pull system that are held in with a "barrel" at the end of the cable. They can be a pain in the ass to remove. I'm sure someone here has a trick in getting them out.

carb3.jpg
carb4.jpg
carb5.jpg

Carbs are out! :banana: You have to remove the bracket on each side and a throttle link in the center to split the carbs into pairs.

carb6.jpg

Make sure you do this in a "clean" area on a workbench as some of the clips are SMALL and HARD TO FIND if dropped! :whistlin:

carb7.jpg

Carbs split into pairs

carb8.jpg

Here are the float bowls. A proper sized screwdriver is essential as the screws will probably be a bastard to get out and they will strip easy.

carb9.jpg

Inside the floatbowl. The one on the right shows a too low float level. In this case the float pivot was sticking. You need to clean everything in here so there is no crap in here. Open up EVERYTHING in here and clean it.

carb10.jpg

Hope this helps! :cheers: Just take your time and it is not too hard to do. Just remember your will need to synch your carbs once you put them back in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back