What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got done polishing my 'Marks Performance' muffler. I think it turned out dang good! Took 6-7 hours though. Don't know why the first pic is upside down lol.

Attachments

• 20180428_155728.jpg
    20180428_155728.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20180429_184515.jpg
    20180429_184515.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 41
Got done polishing my 'Marks Performance' muffler. I think it turned out dang good! Took 6-7 hours though. Don't know why the first pic is upside down lol.

Looks great, I'm in the process of wearing off the skin of my fingers on my new Mark's cans, I hope they turn out like yours!

went for a 50 mile ride with my new progressive 444 13" shocks. they seem a little firm having set the sag at 1" per their instructions. I got standard springs not the hd type since I weigh 155 lbs. I'll try backing off the springs 1/4 turn at a time to see if that takes some of the firmness out.
later, bill

After all winter of gathering parts and getting my ass in gear, I finally dropped the lift and rolled it out of the garage today. Did a re sync on carbs, and gave her a ten mile stretch. Have to cut the paint some more and buff her up. But it was a wonderful day
e1c6420d18a4ffa267defe89ec01cb1b.jpg
l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tasteful mods, looks planned-out. I like the color scheme. Any plans to fit a front tire? here in wet so. Florida, I wouldn't want the wet stripe painting me in that type of weather.

Tasteful mods, looks planned-out. I like the color scheme. Any plans to fit a front tire? here in wet so. Florida, I wouldn't want the wet stripe painting me in that type of weather.

Thanks! I was pulling a brave one going blue on the rims, but that’s the third color the been painted, so, that’s their color this year lol. Front tire, or meaning the fender? If meaning the fender, yes, I have the fender at work, been sanding and prepping in my spare time, should be in this weekend. The headlight will be fitted this weekend as well. I definitely agree with not wanting to get the wet stripe haha.

Oops, yes a front tire fender

To me, the thing making the bold wheel color work is that you refrained from painting anything-else that color. Silicone hoses and key fobs don't count.

Thanks! I was pulling a brave one going blue on the rims, but that’s the third color the been painted, so, that’s their color this year lol. Front tire, or meaning the fender? If meaning the fender, yes, I have the fender at work, been sanding and prepping in my spare time, should be in this weekend. The headlight will be fitted this weekend as well. I definitely agree with not wanting to get the wet stripe haha.

Oops, yes a front tire fender

To me, the thing making the bold wheel color work is that you refrained from painting anything-else that color. Silicone hoses and key fobs don't count.

Yea, I liked the color, brighter then I thought it would be on the bike, but it does accent the hoses, and my fob had blue so it works. It rides smooth. Vibration is ehhh, but with the solid mounts, it’s to be expected.

Along with all else, dropped rear caliper. I really like the grey frame. What are you doing with the radiator side covers?

Thanks. The dropped rear caliper I figure I’d try. Considering I did steal parts from the sport bike. I’m going to paint the radiator covers, I have to make them fit my radiator a little better then they do, but soon to be done.

Painting my old looking engine..
Was not looking for perfection, just trying to make it look a little better than it was..
Still have a bunch of touch-up work to do, on the aluminum areas.
Possibly painting the Yamaha Tuning forks on the side covers.
(might go with black and polish the aluminum, like the stock 91 VMax was)..
Don't know why the previous owner took the black off, but what can you do..
Depending on how I feel, maybe the bolt heads too..
Hell, I had to start someplace.

before shot.jpg Prep work.jpg Prep work 2.jpg

After Shot.jpg After Shot 2.jpg

Ordered some six piston calipers from Sean. Tired of having bad brakes!

Put on a set of bar end mirrors with led lights integrated in them.

Attachments

• IMG-20180507-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20180507-WA0026.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 43
Finally had enough of the popping at idle and on decel. I did my first ever shotgun on the carbs.
Amazingly, the diaphragms which have been in there since about 1992 had absolutely no tears, holes, or defects that I could see. Half a can of carb cleaner and about an hour and a half later, it was done. That was the first time they've been opened up since '92.

The bike ran really crappy for about a mile, but there was a lot of carb cleaner everywhere in them. A run up to 6000 rpm, and it smoothed right out in a few seconds. I nailed it in 3rd gear, WOT, and the front wheel left the ground when the boost kicked in, dial-a-wheelie! Another blast in first gear lit the oil light - the first time I ever remember that happening. I guess I'm riding it "right" now..

Right after I changed my drawers, I laughed like hell... I have not ridden the bike like that in decades, and forgot how much balls these machines have. Tomorrow, I'll break out the Morgan Carbtune and have a go at balancing them. As of now, the damn thing idles like a Swiss watch. It will be interesting to see how much or if the bike runs better after that.

Got tired of the old blackish grey color and painted it blue and also painted the swingarm and differential

Attachments

• 20180518_091325.jpg
    20180518_091325.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20180518_111821.jpg
    20180518_111821.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20180518_111805.jpg
    20180518_111805.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20180518_111811.jpg
    20180518_111811.jpg