Stock and Modified

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty72

Reaction score
The first Dyno was on a stock 2004.
I put on the UFO 4-2, K&N, Mark and Sean helped me out with the jets in Topeka, I went down a size or two, and I have a t-boost switch. That was almost 2 years ago.

Last year I forgot about the t-boost switch and I got about 116 Hp, I can't find that sheet.

See you in Topeka!

Attachments

• PSPDyno.jpg
    PSPDyno.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Dyno3.jpg
    Dyno3.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 363
I put on the UFO 4-2, K&N, Mark and Sean helped me out with the jets in Topeka, I went down a size or two, and I have a t-boost switch. That was almost 2 years ago.

Last year I forgot about the t-boost switch and I got about 116 Hp, I can't find that sheet.

See you in Topeka!

Holy crap! 103lbs of torque! thats an arm stretcher.:punk:

that's an electrical spike in the graph. The system only records what the graph shows.

Sean

I am going to be posting my dyno sheet next week, but I wanted to tell you gents my numbers.

1428cc PCW engine, stock cams/heads, Morley Muscle jet kit:

154.7 RWHP
109.9 ft/lbs of torque (the highest torque was 110.8 ft/lbs, but that run only had 153.9 RWHP.)
:surprise:

This is a new record for the 1428cc "stocker" that PCW builds. Another one was built alongside of mine, but had Vgas carbs..... I got him by almost 5 hp and over 4 ft/lbs of torque according to PCW. I will say that John Gainey has given all the credit for the exceptional numbers this engine produced to Sean's jet kit!!:punk: John has said that he will be recommending Sean's kit to all who are buying engines of this type from him from now on. BTW this also beat out the PCW flatslide numbers as well so this isnt a bash on UFO:biglaugh:

Will post the dyno sheet soon,

Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader:rocket bike:

See you in Topeka!
looking at the sheets it seems the stock run was 10 hp stronger at 6000 rpm and the graft climbed faster

stock set up seems to be holding a 10 hp and tq gain in the midrange ... and the chart seems to show its pulling harder....i dont think the extra 10 hp on the very top of the rpm range makes for a stronger running bike in the street.. in the street the stocker will have already ran through its gears and shut down before you catch up.....or a rollon it will walk away pretty fast.........drag race is a different story

BTW this also beat out the PCW flatslide numbers as well so this isnt a bash on UFO:biglaugh:

Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046

But we might as well say it is... :whistlin: :clapping:

Awesome numbers! I have heard his stage 7 is so strong it'll rip front wheels off!:biglaugh:

But we might as well say it is... :whistlin: :clapping:

Awesome numbers! I have heard his stage 7 is so strong it'll rip front wheels off!:biglaugh:

Easy now.....

It just might be strong enough to rip off the rear wheel with the right mechanic.

looking at the sheets it seems the stock run was 10 hp stronger at 6000 rpm and the graft climbed faster

stock set up seems to be holding a 10 hp and tq gain in the midrange ... and the chart seems to show its pulling harder....i dont think the extra 10 hp on the very top of the rpm range makes for a stronger running bike in the street.. in the street the stocker will have already ran through its gears and shut down before you catch up.....or a rollon it will walk away pretty fast.........drag race is a different story

I see what you're saying at 6K, but the torque curve looks better!! and the sound is the real payoff.

I am going to be posting my dyno sheet next week, but I wanted to tell you gents my numbers.

1428cc PCW engine, stock cams/heads, Morley Muscle jet kit:

154.7 RWHP
109.9 ft/lbs of torque (the highest torque was 110.8 ft/lbs, but that run only had 153.9 RWHP.)
:surprise:

This is a new record for the 1428cc "stocker" that PCW builds. Another one was built alongside of mine, but had Vgas carbs..... I got him by almost 5 hp and over 4 ft/lbs of torque according to PCW. I will say that John Gainey has given all the credit for the exceptional numbers this engine produced to Sean's jet kit!!:punk: John has said that he will be recommending Sean's kit to all who are buying engines of this type from him from now on. BTW this also beat out the PCW flatslide numbers as well so this isnt a bash on UFO:biglaugh:

Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Jim,
I am not trying to bust your balls.. but those numbers look to good without having cams and head work done. I am sure Morley's kit is the best and PCW did a great job on your motor. But IMHO those numbers look a little high, was it dynoed at the rear wheel or on a engine stand?

See you in Topeka!

I'm just am amatuer at looking at this stuff but shouldn't hp and tq cross at 5250rpm?

I've never seen a good dyno run where they didn't.

Rusty

OK,

I've been doing a little research (on company time) and now have a stronger viewpoint.

If torque and horsepower do not cross at 5250 (actually it's 5252rpm) you're looking at a screwed up dyno sheet, either tampered with, out of calibration, something worng with it...

It's still beyond my understanding but what I did get out of it is that the mathematics of Torque and Horsepower make it IMPOSSIBLE for them not to cross at that RPM.

The second sheet looks like it ought to.

More edit;

OK,

I could delete the above post so I don't look like I'm a dumbass but I just realized that the SCALING for HP and TQ and both graphs is not the same. On the one that "looks" right the scaling on the left and right is the same, so they cross even with the 5250 at the bottom.

On the one that first looked "wrong" the scaling on the left and right isn't the same, so after looking at it correctly the TQ and HP NUMBERS do equal each other at 5250, even though the lines don't actaully cross there.

My Bad:icon_rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jim,
I am not trying to bust your balls.. but those numbers look to good without having cams and head work done. I am sure Morley's kit is the best and PCW did a great job on your motor. But IMHO those numbers look a little high, was it dynoed at the rear wheel or on a engine stand?

Don't know how relative it is or exactly how increase in displacement relates to increase in horsepower/torque (linearly?) but the increase in numbers (for a WELL tuned stock max) is about the same in percentages as the increase in displacement.

Rusty

:rocket bike:
Jim,

One thing to remember is that the heads on a stock Max flow better than the displacement needs. These numbers are RWHP as stated in a frame w/ a real rear wheel. The norm for this style of engine is ~145 RWHP with stock carbs, ~150 hp for a Stage 7, ~152 for flatslides. Cams are degreed in my Max too which will help with performance. Main thing about Sean's jet kit that increases output is retaining the airbox velocity stacks. One can believe the dyno numbers or not.... is up to you.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader

Attempt to attach dyno sheet:biglaugh: and it seems to have worked fine.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader

Attachments

• Dyno run.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Here's a snap shot of it... May be a bit small...:hmmm:

Attachments

• Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 64
Thanks, I just left it as a PDF as I am not quite savvy enough to do that LOL.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046

I see what you're saying at 6K, but the torque curve looks better!! and the sound is the real payoff.

something is off with that stock run..dyno sheet dont seem right..that tq curve is strange or not right dont cross 5250...keep me posted on how its running orif you go to the drags

something is off with that stock run..dyno sheet dont seem right..that tq curve is strange or not right dont cross 5250...keep me posted on how its running orif you go to the drags

Read my earlier post concerning one of the prior dyno sheets,

I thought the same thing about one of them till I figured out that the "scaling" on the Tq and Hp aren't the same on the left and right.

If you look at the numbers and rpm instead of where the lines physically cross each other it makes sense again

Rusty

Read my earlier post concerning one of the prior dyno sheets,

I thought the same thing about one of them till I figured out that the "scaling" on the Tq and Hp aren't the same on the left and right.

If you look at the numbers and rpm instead of where the lines physically cross each other it makes sense again

Rusty

so the stock run crossing at 7250 and not 5250 you think the stock numbers are off reading higher them they really are

Latest posts

Back