Memorial Day wish

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiefP

Reaction score
I had the honor and priviledge to wear this country's uniform for 30 years. As we go into memorial day weekend and we all drag out our grills and bikes...I hope everyone will take a moment to say a silent prayer for those who have fallen and better yet, seek out and thank a vet or someone who continues to serve.

At a time in this country when our American values are getting harder to find...we need look no further than those of you who serve. I salute you!

I had the honor and priviledge to wear this country's uniform for 30 years. As we go into memorial day weekend and we all drag out our grills and bikes...I hope everyone will take a moment to say a silent prayer for those who have fallen and better yet, seek out and thank a vet or someone who continues to serve.

At a time in this country when our American values are getting harder to find...we need look no further than those of you who serve. I salute you!

Thank you so much for your service to our country, and thank you for the great reminder and suggestion that we all should follow.

I have several Veterans in my family that I'll be spending time with over this weekend. I also have a Niece who just graduated 2 days ago from the Coast Guard Academy with many honors. I'm very proud of, and thankful to all of them.

Mark

Thank you, my fellow Brothers-and-Sisters-in-Arms, for we shall celebrate one another, and lift a glass of bitter to our brothers and sisters who await us as they guard Heaven's gates.

Justin P. "Biker Dash" Emery, Corporal, USMC (1991-1995)

With two uncles lost to vietnam after the war ...........you are not forgotten, Thank you !

I thought it appropriate to reprint a portion of the May 5, 1868, Memorial Day proclamation (General Orders No. 11) by General John Logan, national commander of the Grand Army of the Republic:

Let us, then, at the time appointed gather around their sacred remains and garland the passionless mounds above them with the choicest flowers of spring-time; let us raise above them the dear old flag they saved from dishonor; let us in this solemn presence renew our pledges to aid and assist those whom they have left among us a sacred charge upon a nation's gratitude, the soldier's and sailor's widow and orphan.

Back