Weight loss... Yours not the bikes...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kloker's ass is good for another 3-5 horsepower after baked beans and pork ribs.

Mark

I'm down to 220 from 235, another 20-25 lbs to go I hope.

Rusty

good job.

I screwed my back up last year, crushing 3 discs and ballooned from my normal 280 up to 360.

Since December, I've been mildy dieting, swimming 3 times a week and rep. lifting 3 times a week.

So far, I'm down to 320 at yesterday's weigh in. My goal is to be back to 280 by the begining of the riding season in may.

Finding this here is amazing. I thought I was all by myself in trying to lose weight. I need to lose 80 lbs. My girlfriend is doing the same too so that helps. When one of is weak the other is strong. Started going to overeaters. It isn't what I eat it is how much I eat. I'm 250 now was 150 once.
Dave #3505

Good to hear that other ppl are working at losing a few pounds too! Keep it up and by the end of May we'll all be running sub 11 sec quarters! :clapping:
I used to see it snow and go WTF! I have to shovel again. Now I don't mind that I have to go and shovel the sidewalk and deck, well, I don't mind it too much, anyway.:whistlin:

I posted this on 10-29....
Good luck with it brother :) I've struggle with trying to lose this midsection for a while now. I've adjusted my diet and been working out 4-5 days a week for the last year. I'm at the same weight that I was when I started. The good news is some of it I've converted to muscle, my arms are up to 18" and my chest now is closer to pecs than moobs. The bad news is the old waistline has only shrunk an inch. It's the last to go I guess. I've come to the realization that to go much farther I'm going to have to resort to drastic measures and cut out beer. I don't know if Im that commited yet.

Jan 1 I got desperate enough to stop drinking beer. I stopped for three months because I knew I had to do it cold turkey for it to work. It did and I dropped 20lbs. I've now been able to add it back in and not put any weight on. I've got some more to loose but I'm getting there. I feel better, and finding more women checking me out. I post this not to brag but just to let you know it's do-able and the rewards are there. So stick with it folks...

Well, I'm back at it. Started yesterday the 19th. Now that my back is better I should be able to exercise some. I want to loose about 35 pounds.

I'm going to the Bahamas in September and would like to be at my goal by then.

I have a bet going with my G/F that I can lose 20 before she loses 10. :biglaugh:

I posted this on 10-29....

Jan 1 I got desperate enough to stop drinking beer. I stopped for three months because I knew I had to do it cold turkey for it to work. It did and I dropped 20lbs. I've now been able to add it back in and not put any weight on. I've got some more to loose but I'm getting there. I feel better, and finding more women checking me out. I post this not to brag but just to let you know it's do-able and the rewards are there. So stick with it folks...

Pssst... You do know they make Lite Beer!

Stuck at 212, started at 235 back in January.

Beers killing me...

I'll give up food but I ain't gving up beer,,,,,,:biglaugh:

Stuck at 212, started at 235 back in January.

Beers killing me...

I'll give up food but I ain't gving up beer,,,,,,:biglaugh:

I've been 210lbs. for the last 10 years no matter what I do.Eat,drink,starve diet.Might as well just go with it!

I was down to 220 at the end of last summer but now 233. The birth of my boy and the winter were hard on me. :damn angry:

Time to start running and doing gym time.

I've been 210lbs. for the last 10 years no matter what I do.Eat,drink,starve diet.Might as well just go with it!

It just pisses me off I guess; :bang head:I used to be Gym Rat and was around 175-185 when I was in my Kickboxxing Taekwondo stage up to 240 and like 9% percent bodyfat when I was in my "let's see how much I can lift and How fucking big I can get stage."

I was in shape and happiest at around 200, which was where I was all though the second half of high school till I quit going to the Gym 10 years ago when I got married. It's the weight I always seemd to hit whenever I was working out normal but not trying to lean out like crazy or bulk out like crazy so I JUST WANNA BE 200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang head:

I guess if I really wanted it that bad I could give up beer and go back to the gym, but niether thought really pleases me,

It's called getting older Rusty. :)

Metabolism slows and our bodies get better at storing fat. :damn angry:

lol this is why are Vmaxes are so slow we are all a bunch of BIG dudes here(most of us.) I am like a fricken yo-yo 220 to 300 depending on when I get tired of being fat and start my diet again. This last time wasn't my fault. I hurt my back and have been out of work 8 months. Put on 50 lbs :bang head: Before I hurt my back I had droped 70 lbs manley because we had a big bike night comming to our local track and I wanted a shot at good et's. I am now back to working out 3-4 times a week and no sugar...good luck to everybody. ....hmmm just think how fast our vmaxes would be if we all weighted 150 :rocket bike:

Pssst... You do know they make Lite Beer!

Yeah but there's three issues. One, I have a high tolerance and I need about 8 or 9 before I notice a difference. Two if you read up on it alchohol metabalizes (sp) in your gut area before anything else. Three, my friends and I go out a lot, about five nights a week, it was adding up :)

Really though, it's almost more of the mental aspect that came with quitting entirely. Every time I looked at a cupcake or a candy bar I'd think "you gave up beer and you're gonna eat that?" or "screw that I'd rather just drop some pounds faster and get back to drinking. It became much easier to turn it all down.

Latest posts

Back