head light modulator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cool1442

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience using a head light modulator? I had a very close call, near head on cuz the on coming car apprently didnt see me when he pulled out to pass (maybe he just hates motorcycles?). Ive always thought they were just some BMW or Goldwing deal, but I cant deny how eye catching they are when they are off in the distance coming toward you. Any installation or use hassels you could share with me? Any brand better than any others? Where do you get one?

Not sure but they may be illegal in some states so check before using. I have used them but have mixed feelings as they do irritate oncoming drivers. I do not use them now.

Does anyone have any experience using a head light modulator? I had a very close call, near head on cuz the on coming car apprently didnt see me when he pulled out to pass (maybe he just hates motorcycles?). Ive always thought they were just some BMW or Goldwing deal, but I cant deny how eye catching they are when they are off in the distance coming toward you. Any installation or use hassels you could share with me? Any brand better than any others? Where do you get one?
You can get the modulators from Eastern Beaver. As a plus they also offer the modulator kit in conjunction with fixing the low voltage to the headlight + the option to have your low beam stay on when you use the high beam. I don't have this option on Redbone, but it works great on my GMC K1500.
They also have fused dual horn kits, relay kits for accessories, H4 kits, and powerlet products.

I'll have to check the legality of modulators in Idaho, altho I see them on bikes fairly often but we get lots of canadian traffic thru my part of the state, so they might not be Idaho bikes (definately not Vmaxs!) And as far as irritating oncoming traffic with the pulsing headlight, I'm pretty OK with that. As I see it, if any cars coming toward me get irritated, then that means I am NOTICED, which is the whole point... See Me here? I'm a motorcycle coming toward you.. I have a right to be on this hiway too... Please don't use that lame-assed argument.."Honestly Officer, I just didn't see that 300lb man on his 600lb motorcycle with the irritating pulsating headlight". All this really means is that I was holding my latte and talking on my cell phone while smoking a ciggie with my head up my butt. I'll keep listening for others opinions but thanks so far folks

Hi cool,
I have a modulator on a PIAA h4 light . You WILLbe seen. Of course that dosen't mean the cagers won't turn/pullout in front of you. I think the company is "Pathblazer" -- just google it.
Easy to install and it works!!
Good luck,
Lew

I have one on my bike and it works great (very noticable)....the instruction book comes with the paper work showing that they are 50 state legal, and there is a federal statute that would over ride any local ticket you might get (it gives the # and everything, I carry the paper work under my seat with my insurance card in case I get pulled over for it, but so far so good....

Back