How many of you also drag race cars?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
I see alot of interest here for drag racing. I have 2 mustangs alos..lol you could never guess buy my screen name. Both of them would pound my Vmax...I have a 91 LX hatch with a supercharged 331 small block and a 5 speed that I drive all the time(really is a daily driver) and to the track. It has run a best of 10.86 with a top MPH of 130.07. plus a 69 mustang I am redoing right now that had run a best of 10.10 at 133. I have owned this car since high school. it is going to end up with a stroker Windsor ford with a huge procharger blower should run 8's. maybe finished by the end of the year. just curious. I love my Vmax but get the real speed rush from my cars. But the open road motorcycle riding cant be replaced.

I may be doing a couple of runs with my new car just to see where we are with it.

I have only done it once years ago as I never had a car fast enough to bother trying.

Chris

Attachments

• G8#4.jpg
    G8#4.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 14
Don't currently but have in the past...still hang out with a lot that do...mostly the late model LS1, LS2 crowd and a lot of the Rear wheel drive import guys, Supras, 240SX ( a couple of those 240's have a SBC stuffed in them).......

Most recently was my Wifes ATI Procharged 2004 350Z, had all the other bolt on mods along with the S/C and ran consistent 12.60's and got her back and forth to work every day also......

Before that; mid 20's; was a "78 Z28 with a 350 destroked to 327 that was also a daily driver....it would run in the low,low 12's......Ok for the street.....

Back in High School it was a 1970 Ram air IV Trans Am with Auto, bone stock, and a 1974 laguna S4 (pimped out chevelle) with a pretty radical LS6 454 that I bought out of a friends jet boat and recammed for the street.

That friends Dad was probably the one who got me into this stuff, he built hot rod jet boats for people on the side when he wasn't growing cantaloupes and cotton. He was the one that also taught me a litlle about Forced Induction as most of his boats ran 6-71's on them.

His son had a beautiful 1970 SS 454 El Camino with a Blown 454 in it. Imagine showing up to school in that back in the 1981-82; talk about a teenage kids effin wet dream...

All the high school stuff was out in Pecos in West Texas, I never made it to the strip for real with my stuff but some did; we had some pretty regular races out on Duval Highway, if I had to guess from what I know now there were some cars back then (1980-1982) that would have probably put down high, high 11's and up; a couple of them could prove it with time slips from Penwell Raceway, a car that some kid could buld himself, drive to school and turn times like that with impressed me then and still impresses me.

Now tho' it's just too expensive to spend $$$ when I'm doing the family, kid, and college thing, the Max is it for now....

Is your S/C stang running Centrifugal style or something else?, I've seen quite a few VERY impressive ones out at the strip running the Vortech's.

I'd also like to hear if our member "06x6spdGTO" ever runs his GTO, from what I hear it's runnning a Magnacharger, pretty serious stuff for a daily driver, oughtta do at leats high 11's I would think .....
Rusty

My 91 mustang has a vortech V2 SQ trim (a quiet S-trim)
my 69 is a procharger F2 with a air to water intercooler.
I love centrifical blowers. My 69 was my only car for alot of years I put a 428 in it when I was 18 back in the mid 80's I spent a bunch of night s on the streets also lol. I loved Vmaxes back when they first came out but I could not afford one then. Racing cars does cost alot of cash especialy when you play with more than one and a bike lol.

I've drag raced Mustangs since I could drive ( the short time I guess that is I'm 25 ). My last '85 was a 306 car daily driven on a 200 hit that ran an only quarter mile pass of a 10.89 letting off at the 1000 foot mark. My mph was 113. Otherwise the car didn't 60 foot well and I was running 6.80's in the 1/8th with junk 1.6X short times traping 101-104.
I currently am working on a '67 Dart Resto Mod. I'm going to start on the new mill once the paint/body is done on it this summer, which is keeping with the small block, going with an R3 block and an 88mm snail. Shooting for 7's on pump gas with this ride, but I doubt it'll happen, well on pump gas anyway.

I started drag racing when I was 17 at English town Raceway Park in New Jersey cop runner knows it I am sure
My first car was a 4 speed 77 Trans AM which I started tinkering with changing the yop end with a different Cam Holly Dominator High Rise open plain intake and sitting a 850 double pumper with 1050 rear squirters well that didnt last long after blowing the bottom end causing 2 rods to bust the cam in 3 pieces what can I tell you I was 17 took that engine out and put in a 327 built engine that ran in the 12's on street tires
After dumping money in cars I realized if I wanted to go fast it would have to be on 2 wheels which caused me to go buy a new 90 Suzuki GSXR750 which turned 11-0's off the show room floor
Back to the cars after 95 when I retired motorcycle bracket racing motorcycles I have a friend who runs a super pro t bird on alchol I drove that car for half a season and picked up a ride on a pro gas bike
Than I had to relocate to Fla so all my comp bracket racing seized

I knew there were car drag racers on here. I think it fits into the vmax mentality. sound like you guy's had and have some cool cars.
Quarterhorse you think a 88mm is big enough to run 7's on a pump gass motor? sounds like a cool project good luck.

I knew there were car drag racers on here. I think it fits into the vmax mentality. sound like you guy's had and have some cool cars.
Quarterhorse you think a 88mm is big enough to run 7's on a pump gass motor? sounds like a cool project good luck.

Yeah, that was the comment about maybe not pump gas. It just seems the price of turbo's goes up exponentially after 75mm and I still want to street drive the thing too.

Does a 6200# Avalanche count?

windy2.jpg

windy.jpg

windy3.jpg

It ran 8.86 @ 77.8 in the 1/8th last year. I have since swapped cams in it but haven't been back to the track.

Not too shabby for it's weight.:biglaugh:

I drag my 74 Dodge Charger here at Budd's Creek Maryland, I am lucky to only live 16 miles from the track, so I can take the bike or the car on Friday Nights for the Midnight Maddness Series.

picture.php

Does a 6200# Avalanche count?

windy2.jpg

windy.jpg

windy3.jpg

It ran 8.86 @ 77.8 in the 1/8th last year. I have since swapped cams in it but haven't been back to the track.

Not too shabby for it's weight.:biglaugh:

I ran my '02 2500HD crew cab with 6.0 gas when it was brand new....It weighs 6200 with the redneck front and rear bumpers I put on it...

It turned 15.40's in the quarter, much better than I thought it would....

Back