Weight loss... Yours not the bikes...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
Ok folks... I'm like a freakin yo-yo I swear... I've had enough though and started another diet 2 weeks ago. I am currently down 16 pounds and literally feel full ALL the time. It's amazing what real whole foods do for you. I know some of you may be aware of my weight history but just a little info for ya'll... In 1999 I went on a diet to lose weight. By 2001 I was down 225 pounds. I started at approx. 450 pounds and was 225 at my lowest. I lost it on a diet and NOT with surgery... Then I got a life and screwed up and gained a few back. I wouldnt say I am fat persay, but I'm NOT where I want to be.

My goal is to get to 240-250 pounds (17.5 stone) which is about right for my body type. I started at a fat 302 and am now 286 and on my weigh (forgive the pun and mispelling) to my goal. I have been lifting weights for the last 8 years so I am pretty well bulked up which helps burn calories while I am sitting idle. I lift 4 to 5 days a week at Golds Gym and throw in cardio several times too. I went out and spent a butt load on a good treadmill so I have no excuse to not exercise.

I am going to try to keep a running tally on here for me and for the support I hope some of you will give me. If anyone wants a copy of this diet, let me know via PM and I will email you a scanned copy. I eat real food all day long so it's not starving a person which is good.

Anyway... Wish me luck on getting down to my fighting weight and making my toys faster to boot!

Feel free to add your exercising and diet secrets here...

Remember that exercise is the currency that allows us to purchase calories.:thumbs up:

Cheers,
Chris

I'm glad to hear that you are really striving to take care of yourself. Going through the schools that i have, i've had it forced into my head that you really have to be in shape. When my wife got pregnant, i let myself go a little. I wasn't fat, but compared to the other people that i work with it was obvious that i was gaining weight. Everyone always talks about sympathy weight, but i never believed it until i looked up and was 40 lbs heavier than when i started. I haven't gone on a shock diet or anything, but by cutting red meat pretty much out of my diet and really watching my portion size i've gone from 205 at my heaviest point, to 165. I know that i don't have any room to be complaining or anything, but i fully support what you are doing. It's kind of hard to get into if you've never done it before, but if you take up swimming you'll really see a difference. Especially with a bigger guy like yourself. It's low impact, and a very very VERY good workout. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Chad

Chad, Chris, I too have recently lost weight... not lots but enough to impress my co-workers and family. And... I only cut "one" ingredient from my diet. :eusa_dance:

My wife is pregnant (due date Nov 30) and she was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes. The Doc told her to cut all sugars from her diet. So homeward bound we went and rummaged through the food supply. The Doc told us to turf anything with the ingredients - sucrose, glucose, frustose and basically anything that ends with "ose". We threw out 2\3 of our food that same day. We were both shocked at what foods have sugars as main ingredients. Man, us Americans eat a shiite load of sugar!

The end results for both of us was AMAZING. We both lost 20 lbs immediately (in two weeks). This is 20 lbs I have been fighting to get off for quite a while. Like you Chris, I work out at the gym quite regularly but working towards my fighting weight never seemed to happen no matter how much I went to gym. This removal of one ingredient was easy and well received after seeing the results. I can actually see my abs... of course the wife likes this too.

So... along with your successful diet you might also try cutting all sugars... I assure you if you do not only will your memory and brain power increase but that extra weight around the midsection will melt away. Cheers! :biglaugh:

Scott

Will have to try this... Thanks for the good info. I'm sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes, as if the last trimester isn't miserable enough lol. Congrats on the new edition to be. You take care of your family, and ride safe.

Good luck with it brother :) I've struggle with trying to lose this midsection for a while now. I've adjusted my diet and been working out 4-5 days a week for the last year. I'm at the same weight that I was when I started. The good news is some of it I've converted to muscle, my arms are up to 18" and my chest now is closer to pecs than moobs. The bad news is the old waistline has only shrunk an inch. It's the last to go I guess. I've come to the realization that to go much farther I'm going to have to resort to drastic measures and cut out beer. I don't know if Im that commited yet.

I'm not sure if you guys know about it or not, but www.crossfit.com has some really good workouts. They've got a new one every day so that you don't get stuck in the same old routine. Also, all of the workouts are done one after the other without breaks, so you really get a good burn. If you're not in shape, do not try to just jump in and do their workout though lol. Don't need anyone passing out.

Nothing major....

I weighed around 130 lbs from 1982 until 2000, and am 5'8" tall. Skinny but ripped, I needed a few pounds, but, could never gain weight no matter what I tried. Even did 2 cycles of Methandrostenalone, got more ripped & stronger, but, no weight gain back in the 80's.

When I hit 34 in years, my weight shot up to 170+ in less than a year (40+ lbs). I've always been very active, baseball, softball, skiiing, bowling, and all kinds of outdoor activities. With my lean build, the extra 40+ pounds just didn't look right around the middle and in my face.

So, we stopped keeping Mt. Dew in the fridge and I started drinking the Lipton Green Diet Citrus Teas, as I hate diet pop's taste. 2 months later and this morning I weighed in at 150.4 lbs.

I still have a Mt. Dew when we go out to eat 2-3 times a week, but, no more keeping a case in the fridge at all times, and I drink just as much Coors Light as I always have.

Too much sugary pop was the secret assassin.

The Tea's Taste Great by the way!

:cheers:

Neil

Chad, Chris, I too have recently lost weight... not lots but enough to impress my co-workers and family. And... I only cut "one" ingredient from my diet. :eusa_dance:

My wife is pregnant (due date Nov 30) and she was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes. The Doc told her to cut all sugars from her diet. So homeward bound we went and rummaged through the food supply. The Doc told us to turf anything with the ingredients - sucrose, glucose, frustose and basically anything that ends with "ose". We threw out 2\3 of our food that same day. We were both shocked at what foods have sugars as main ingredients. Man, us Americans eat a shiite load of sugar!

The end results for both of us was AMAZING. We both lost 20 lbs immediately (in two weeks). This is 20 lbs I have been fighting to get off for quite a while. Like you Chris, I work out at the gym quite regularly but working towards my fighting weight never seemed to happen no matter how much I went to gym. This removal of one ingredient was easy and well received after seeing the results. I can actually see my abs... of course the wife likes this too.

So... along with your successful diet you might also try cutting all sugars... I assure you if you do not only will your memory and brain power increase but that extra weight around the midsection will melt away. Cheers! :biglaugh:

Scott

I was looking over some wheat breads the other day. I need to be careful to read that they are truly wheat and not enriched flour like some are *BEWARE* and I found sucrolose(sp?) in the bread. I did find one that used molasses and honey as its main sweeteners.:thumbs up:

Keep an eye out for that alone. I am really trying to be more aware of the ingredients that go into the stuff I buy.

Thanks for the tidbit of info and I am glad your wife is doing better. Congrats on being a father...:cheers:

Keep it coming guys....

I had gained about 25 lbs while taking care of an ill parent for 7 years. Pretty much just sat around and watched TV and ate. I did get to be a pretty good cook though.

After my parent passed away, I had a physical and was told my sugar was high and I needed to cut back or risk becoming diabetic. So I stopped all deserts, soft drinks (went to Coke Zero which tastes better than Diet Coke), candy and other high sugar items. I did not stop high starch items though (bread, potatoes, pasta, etc) as these are among my favorite foods. In 2 - 3 months I lost 22 lbs and my sugar level is fine. This is without any other lifestyle changes (no exercise or reduced food intake). I really do miss Krispy Kremes though!!!

I have about 70 lbs I need to work off myself. I am a diabetic and I use a low dose(15mg) Actos to stay in control. I am 6' tall and weigh 270 with a wide frame but I still need to get to aroung 200- 210 lbs to be ideal.
I am starting up the gym membership this week with a coworker and with deer hunting season I will get some extra exercise in. I also like to cross country ski so that will help once the snow starts sticking on the ground.

Last edited:
Hopefully when i go out on the ship in a couple of weeks i'll be motivated to work out since that's all i'll have to do other than fly lol.

Hopefully when i go out on the ship in a couple of weeks i'll be motivated to work out since that's all i'll have to do other than fly lol.

Think of it as a fat camp then... :whistlin::thumbs up:

How many fat camps allow you to fly multi million dollar jet air craft? :ummm: :clapping:

lol, jets would be cool... i'm just in the little old SH-60B helicopter doing anti submarine/ anti surface warfare and being a rescue swimmer if need be. We'll be chasing drug runners in south america.

lol, jets would be cool... i'm just in the little old SH-60B helicopter doing anti submarine/ anti surface warfare and being a rescue swimmer if need be. We'll be chasing drug runners in south america.

Any type of flight is cool! :thumbs up:

Make sure that Venezuela is under control will ya...:whistlin:

Watch out for the Chinese boomers too...

All right, the fat thread! :biglaugh: Back from Disney and the wallet is a lot lighter but I'm not! 11 pounds in 12 days! I'll see how fast I can work that off. Disney has to be the worse place to eat, totally different food than I'm used to eating.

All right, the fat thread! :biglaugh: Back from Disney and the wallet is a lot lighter but I'm not! 11 pounds in 12 days! I'll see how fast I can work that off. Disney has to be the worse place to eat, totally different food than I'm used to eating.

Our divine shadow is back... :banana:

I am currently 19 pounds down in 22 days...:punk: I need to loose 40-50 more...:bang head:

be careful... weight lost fast, is weight gained back fast.

Freakin A'...I've lost 23 lbs in 2 months on green tea!!

Needless to say, I was one of the guy's getting Max in the low 10's stock 22+ years ago.

10:26 best ever with a second gear 4200 1/4 launch at 128 lbs.

PWJG my ass...."Charlie Brown" is the man who had huge dealings with the importation of Mr. Max.

My Max is a Beast!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xPqRUTTYWWE

Ya'....I had Mark build the carbs, because, nobody around here knows what carbs are, and I'm really lazy!

The best your speakers will ever sound....CRANK IT UP OPEN HEADERs (Neil's VMAX) :))))))

Leave it Cranked Wayyyyyyyyyyy UPPPPPPPPPP !!!! Do Not Be Scared!!!

:cheers:

Neil

Back